PDA

View Full Version : Burnout Revenge Announced

jAkUp
04-04-05, 11:12 AM
EA Announced Burnout 4 Today!

According to the 2004 Urban Mobility Report by the Texas Transportation Institute, U.S. commuters endured 3.5 billion hours of traffic delays in 2002, at a cost of more than $63.2 billion. It's hell on the highway and Electronic Arts today announced plans to let gamers live out their wildest commuter fantasies this September with Burnout Revenge.
Burnout Revenge lets gamers rip through rush hour traffic and lay waste to scores of rubbernecking roadhogs in an over-the-top scene of vehicular mayhem. The game is currently in development by Criterion Games for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system and Xbox video game system from Microsoft.

In addition to tricked out new race, crash and road rage modes, Burnout Revenge takes the series' blistering speed and spectacular destruction to dizzying new heights with an all-new Revenge mode, challenging gamers to battle the clock and unleash their frustrations on rush hour traffic.

Wish it was an XBox2 announcement...

Apollo 13
04-04-05, 11:41 AM
It's not coming out for the Xbox2? that sucks

|MaguS|
04-04-05, 11:44 AM
Is it me or do those screenshots look worse then Burnout 3? The cars are so flat...

I blame it on EA, Dam them!

LycosV
04-04-05, 12:53 PM

Blame it on EA? EA owned the company when they made Burnout 3: Takedown which is without a doubt the best Burnout game yet. I guess you can blame that on EA too.

|MaguS|
04-04-05, 01:51 PM
Actually EA only published Burnout 3, They didn't purchase Criterion till after it was made.

BTW The whole Blame EA thing was a jab at how everyone hates them...

Vagrant Zero
04-04-05, 02:31 PM
Of course we should blame EA. As the publishers they control any new entries to a franchise, bastards couldn't wait for the next-gens, wanted quick money now. Wh0res.

npras42
04-04-05, 03:16 PM
Actually I think EA bought Criterion Studios just before they released Burnout 3. But that doesnt mean they had much or anything to do with development so you can stll blame it on them.

Toss3
04-04-05, 03:28 PM
Is it me or do those screenshots look worse then Burnout 3? The cars are so flat...

Maybe you shouldn't judge the game based on a few screenshots? :) I don't like EA either.. but still some of their games are good!

|MaguS|
04-04-05, 04:07 PM
Did I judge the game at all? I just judged the screenshots shown...

saturnotaku
04-04-05, 09:08 PM
Wow...looks like NFS:U2 only you're allowed to crash. Oh joy of joys. I also can't wait to see what wonderful EA Trax the music folks decide to include in this one. :eek:

Nitz Walsh
04-05-05, 11:08 AM
EA squeezes the life out of another franchise by milking it with incremental updates, and charging full price less than a year later.

In other words, business as usual. :rolleyes: