PDA

View Full Version : doom 2

t6_shadow
12-08-02, 04:31 AM
hey guys I have reinstalled doom2 for some fun old school action. However I have a problem. Even tho in the launcher (this is doom 95) I have mouse support enabled the mouse doesn't work. I really need it to turn. My only thought is that it connected bu USB and doom can't use it. I don't have any serial mice around to test out my theory. If anyone know a way to fix this it would be very helpful.

StealthHawk
12-08-02, 07:18 AM
the original Doom doesn't support the mouse at all, AFAIK. at least, not mouse look.

use a mod like Doom Legacy (http://legacy.newdoom.com/) plus it will look a lot better to boot :)

edit: upon further reflection, Doom 95 may have supported mouselook. but i'm not 100% sure either way, that was before the days i used a mouse in FPS games. but anyway, check out Doom Legacy.

DaveW
12-08-02, 12:12 PM
You could use a mouse with doom, you could even set it up to use the mouse for look with the conventional WSAD config. The only thing you couldn't do it look up and down.

Mod
12-08-02, 01:19 PM
Look for Doom at kazaa. There you can find a modification patch to Doom in what you have mouse look, jumping, higher resolution etc... :)

StealthHawk
12-08-02, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Mod
Look for Doom at kazaa. There you can find a modification patch to Doom in what you have mouse look, jumping, higher resolution etc... :)

Doom Legacy already lets you do all those things. Look for the link in my other post :)

AngelGraves13
12-09-02, 12:21 AM
I prefer jDoom.