PDA

View Full Version : ROE sound problem with audigy 2 zs

mczern
04-04-05, 06:01 PM
Ok, well I had the occassional problem with sound cutting out in the first game, nothing too bad. However, in ROE the sound cuts out randomly within like 10 seconds it seems (while on surround sound). Anyone have a solution for this?

I don't really want to keep pressing a key every 5 seconds just to play with good sound (this problem doesn't exist with surround sound off). I have an audigy 2 zs with the latest drivers.

RealLifePixelShader
04-05-05, 06:48 AM
Try this new beta driver from creative labs hope it works

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48727

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 and Audigy 2 ZS series Beta driver with OpenAL support
SBA2-BETAD-1-US

This beta driver adds full support of the OpenAL interface for Sound Blaster® Audigy® 2 and Audigy 2 ZS series internal audio devices.

Added Features or Enhancements:

* Provides full OpenAL / EAX ADVANCED HD support when used with the DOOM 3(tm) 3 1.3 patch.
* Includes EAX 4.0 support for the new DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil(tm) expansion pack.
* Improves performance of all OpenAL game titles, including Battlefield 2(tm).

Requirements:

* Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or Windows 2000 Service Pack 4.
* Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 or Audigy 2 ZS series internal audio device.

Notes:

* THIS IS AN UNSUPPORTED BETA DRIVER. We recommend that only experienced users install this driver.
* Make sure you uninstall your existing Audigy 2 or Audigy 2 ZS driver, before installing this beta driver.
* Do not install this update for an external USB Sound Blaster audio device.
* Some Creative applications such as Surround Mixer, THX Console, and Creative MediaSource(tm) may not work properly with this beta driver.
* Refer to readme file for more information.

http://us.creative.com/support/down...ype=0&details=1

http://us.creative.com/support/down...Name=Windows+XP
2 x 80 Gb Seagate 8Mb Cache SATA in RAID 0
Leadtek 6800 GT
19" LG F900B FLATRON
XP PRO SP2
Cooler Master Stacker Case
2 x 450 Watt Power Supplies
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
Creative Inspire T7700 7.1 speaker system.

Someone once said "I believe in Fairies I see one everyday! - Arno Moolman"

Marcos
04-05-05, 07:05 AM
^^ how come you have 2 sigs?

Anway my sound was cutting out in ROE with the latest fware drivers it would cut out just like the starter of this thread after about 5-10 seconds I had to go back to the 71.84 drivers and now my sound is fine so try that dude

mczern
04-05-05, 09:53 AM
Using the beta drivers seemed to help, thanks!

Vagrant Zero
04-05-05, 03:40 PM
Service Pack 2?

Anyone know if it works without SP2?

RealLifePixelShader
04-05-05, 04:24 PM
Service Pack 2?

Anyone know if it works without SP2?

MMM Smells like a pirate. If I may ask why don't you have Service Pack 2. If it is to big to download for you, you know they will mail it to you for free?

Or is there some other reason why you don't have Service Pack 2?

Gentle
04-05-05, 08:29 PM
Maybe because they have Service Pack 4 ?

Windows 2000 ?

Gentle

Marcos
04-05-05, 09:28 PM
MMM Smells like a pirate. If I may ask why don't you have Service Pack 2. If it is to big to download for you, you know they will mail it to you for free?

who cares

Rakeesh
04-05-05, 11:40 PM
I can tell you right now that service pack 2 works fine on pirated copies. In fact windowsupdate works fine as well. Even better, that little utility that checks to see if your windows copy is legit even says that my pirated SP2 copy is legit.

The whole idea of SP2 not working with pirated copies is partially a myth. All microsoft ever did was blacklist the keys that were public at the time, and windowsupdate continues to block the blacklisted keys. But thats for naught anyways since the key check algorithm was reverse engineered. And also, microsoft was silly in that they didn't keep track of which VLK's they've sold. So its quite possible for casual pirated users to use windowsupdate.

He probably just doesn't like SP2. If I didn't know how to hack around the registry that well, I probably wouldn't have installed SP2 either. It has a bunch of security center nags that really piss me off, (especially when I have a hardware solution in place that makes them a very unnecessary waste of resources) and there are so many of them that going through and disabling them individually is a royal pain in the ass. Also not to mention the little limitations that they threw into the TCP stack, among several other general annoyances. Again, you can disable them, but to some people it isn't worth the trouble.

Also, before somebody starts yelling at me about the whole piracy thing, note that I have 3 legit copies of windows XP, one legit copy of windows ME, and one legit copy of windows 2000 (and a few more which I am probably forgetting about,) all of which I pretty much got for free through various means (one came with a laptop, two others I got by attending a seminar, another I got free with a promotional intel motherboard which was promoting HT before XP home supported it so it had a free XP pro copy, don't really remember where the others came from but they have the hologram and everything on the cd) but I really don't care to use them. The pirated copies don't bug you about activation everytime you format your hard disk or change your hardware around, both of which I do rather frequently.

SH64
04-06-05, 12:04 AM
I dont have SP2 now either because i didnt & dont really need it .
dang now i guess i'll have to install it if i to enjoy the EAX4.0 in RoE :thumbdwn:

jerramaya
04-06-05, 01:06 AM
i have Audigy 2 value card and it gives problem in doom 3 ROE ONLY , some sounds working but sounds like gun fire and reload sound doesnt work :( so help me out guys .

Vagrant Zero
04-06-05, 01:59 AM

My XP Home is legit, my Pro pirated, your mother somewhere in between. :p

ATI_Dude
04-06-05, 05:32 AM
My XP Home is legit, my Pro pirated, your mother somewhere in between. :p

I just love these insults :D

Back on topic:

Last time I checked there weren't any sound issues in Doom 3. Try an earlier driver.

zoomy942
04-06-05, 05:54 AM
only warning. no insults, no name calling. stay on topic.

Xplode
04-06-05, 07:35 PM
Do this drivers work good?

mczern
04-06-05, 07:55 PM
For me it works great with ROE, but I haven't really tested any other games.

Killall
04-07-05, 08:15 PM
BTW the sound cutting out after 10 secs is cause of the NV 75.xx and up drivers. Going back to 71.84 or be4 works fine. The new Creative drivers help... but now i still get some popping during gameplay of doom 3... at least it doesnt cut out anymore

RealLifePixelShader
04-11-05, 03:04 AM
http://forums.ngohq.com/index.php?showtopic=560

This is supposed to be a modded form of the driver that will work with SBLive! and Audigy too...ymmv