PDA

View Full Version : DOOM 3(tm) 3 1.3 patch ?????

Pages : [1] 2

RealLifePixelShader
04-05-05, 05:45 AM
Have a look at this link on Creative Labs

They are talking aBOUT THIS DOOM 3(tm) 3 1.3 patch.

Does any one know anything about it?

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 and Audigy 2 ZS series Beta driver with OpenAL support
SBA2-BETAD-1-US

This beta driver adds full support of the OpenAL interface for Sound Blaster® Audigy® 2 and Audigy 2 ZS series internal audio devices.

Added Features or Enhancements:

* Provides full OpenAL / EAX ADVANCED HD support when used with the DOOM 3(tm) 3 1.3 patch.
* Includes EAX 4.0 support for the new DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil(tm) expansion pack.
* Improves performance of all OpenAL game titles, including Battlefield 2(tm).

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp?Product_ID=4915&Product_Name=Audigy+2+ZS&OSName=Windows+XP&OS=10&DriverType=0&details=1

RealLifePixelShader
04-05-05, 06:49 AM
Does any one know if there is a new patch other than 1.1

Marcos
04-05-05, 07:06 AM
the expansion makes it 1.2

GlowStick
04-05-05, 12:20 PM
Yeah,

To my best understanding here is the dealio!

1.2 is oddly enough distribued as a standalone wiht RoE. Im not sure why someone hasent uplaoded it for eveyrone yet, to my best knolodge anyone can install it.

However, there will be no SDK for 1.2 meaning no mods that require to be compiled will work. 1.2 is just a 'get her done' patch untill 1.3 can come out.

1.3 will should allow RoE custoemrs and non RoE to finally play together again.

No clue when 1.3 will be out, if Creative made beta drivers avaible to everyone im sure Id is probly testing right now. However, with the pace the game has taken to develop so far, im guessing months before its released.

Hopefully im wrong and it will be out wihtin a week, along with a stand alone linux dedicated server install.

Edge
04-05-05, 12:27 PM
That would be pretty cool, I've been waiting for some hardware sound support in Doom 3. It doesn't even let me use my 4-speaker setup unless I set my speaker type to Surround Sound in Windows (strangely it doesn't detect it with the normal 4-speaker option). But EAX 4.0? That should be cool, I really hope Doom 3 gets some nice sound reflection and such added to it :)

Oh, and if anyone needs it, I could upload the 1.2 patch from my RoE disc somewhere. I think it was about 12 megs.

RealLifePixelShader
04-05-05, 12:43 PM
That would be pretty cool, I've been waiting for some hardware sound support in Doom 3. It doesn't even let me use my 4-speaker setup unless I set my speaker type to Surround Sound in Windows (strangely it doesn't detect it with the normal 4-speaker option). But EAX 4.0? That should be cool, I really hope Doom 3 gets some nice sound reflection and such added to it :)

Oh, and if anyone needs it, I could upload the 1.2 patch from my RoE disc somewhere. I think it was about 12 megs.

Yes Please upload asap Thanks

zoomy942
04-05-05, 01:10 PM
so, when the RoE is installed, then 1.2 in installed as well?

Skinner
04-05-05, 01:57 PM
so, when the RoE is installed, then 1.2 in installed as well?

They ak to install the patch 1.2 , which is provided with Roe, first.

Damn this is cool, I had some surround sound issues and hopefully there gone now.

FierceDeityLink
04-05-05, 01:59 PM
Here's the v1.2 patch off of the Resurrection of Evil disc:
http://www.liquidsun.org/robby/D3_1_2.rar

zoomy942
04-05-05, 02:08 PM
my sound is all choppy and scratchy sounding. oh well, i'm not too worried about it

Slyder
04-05-05, 02:09 PM
What are the bugfixes in 1.2 :confused:

Superfly
04-05-05, 02:20 PM
Here's the v1.2 patch off of the Resurrection of Evil disc:
http://www.liquidsun.org/robby/D3_1_2.rar

Thankyou - I cant afford RoE until next month.

EDIT - Here is the readme from the 1.2 Patch:-

Fixes & Updates in 1.2:
============================

- Engine changes to support DOOM 3(TM): Resurrection of Evil(TM) features ( time groups is the main difference )
- Mod support fixes ( also for DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil support )
- Online cd key check during startup ( with DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil key support if DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil is installed, whatever the current mod )
- Fix net_clientServerTimeout when server crashes / disappears
- Cut down on projectile net traffic ( both base/ and DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil/ code )
- Lots of compatible internal savegame code changes from OS X(TM) and Linux(TM) in order to do things in a portable way
- Networking fixes to hitscan projectiles
- Fix a bug in the usercmd transmission
- Fix client drops when server in pure mode changes maps too fast for clients
- Reworked the synchronization of firing animations over the network

Holy Smoke
04-05-05, 03:02 PM
Heh, "audio anti-aliasing"...

Have we Audigy1 owners been discarded? Somehow I'm not surprised...

Slyder
04-05-05, 03:05 PM
Damn this is cool, I had some surround sound issues and hopefully there gone now.

Looking at that readme mate, I doubt it. :(

Superfly
04-05-05, 04:23 PM
there is a small benefit to the 1.2 patch - it removes the Cd Check from the games .exe

It also includes all changes in the 1.1 patch so you dont need both just the 1.2 which is handy.

AngelGraves13
04-05-05, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the patch here as well. I've been waiting for this damn thing for months. I knew it existed! I had just finished a fresh format and had played to communications and I loaded it up with this patch and it runs great. I'm waiting on a new video card though, hopefully nVidia will put something out soon.

Head_slinger
04-05-05, 06:22 PM

I seriously doubt the new EAX effects will come to Doom3, simply because they would have to redistribute the maps with the patch.

AngelGraves13
04-05-05, 07:02 PM
Maybe it is just a reworking of the sound engine.

Edge
04-05-05, 07:23 PM
I seriously doubt the new EAX effects will come to Doom3, simply because they would have to redistribute the maps with the patch.
AFAIK, effects like sound reflection and occlusion don't require modifying any actual map. They should theoretically be rendered in real-time by the engine, at least if it's done the same way A3D 2.0 was. And I'm pretty sure even some other effects can be added without changing the maps, the EAX patch for Unreal Tournament used the exact same maps as the launch game.

jAkUp
04-06-05, 12:47 AM
Check it out!!!

http://soundblaster.com/Gaming/doom3/?downloadtypedesc=12

Head_slinger
04-06-05, 09:02 AM
yep looks like i was utterley wrong :p

Head_slinger
04-06-05, 09:03 AM
Another question,

as this is OpenAL, does that have any bearing on EAX in Linux?

Dragoran
04-06-05, 09:32 AM
any offical statments about the linux version?

ATI_Dude
04-07-05, 08:02 AM
AFAIK, effects like sound reflection and occlusion don't require modifying any actual map. They should theoretically be rendered in real-time by the engine, at least if it's done the same way A3D 2.0 was. And I'm pretty sure even some other effects can be added without changing the maps, the EAX patch for Unreal Tournament used the exact same maps as the launch game.

EAX don't use real time rendering based on actual game geometry (wavetracing) as A3D 2.0/3.0 did, but rather statistical approximations. This goes for "real time reflections" as well. They are not based on actual real time rendering of the game geometry, but rather various parameters for room size, room material (concrete, wood etc.), obtructiuons etc. But to implement EAX HD it is still necessary to integrate parameters for 3D positioning (through OpenAL or DS3D), occlusion filters, sound reflections, reverb and other environmental effects in the game engine which is no simple task. This is probably why only RoE gets the full EAX 4.0 HD treatment.

TheManko
04-07-05, 08:06 AM
I was a little pissed when I saw ROE toting "room accoustics" as a feature, and there not being any EAX support, but I guess that's all right now!