PDA

View Full Version : CS:Source low FPS?

kaluminati
04-05-05, 08:24 AM
I know this has been brought up before, but I was hoping maybe someone has found out something to do with this problem.

My setup:

Athlon 64 3200+
Gigabyte 6800 GT
1 gig Mushkin DDR400 Ram
Audigy 2 zs platinum pro
SATA 160gig HD

I have tried many different settings, high, low, mid for CS:Source and I get a FPS avg of 40-70. At one point, I had an avg of 70-140 fps, but after each reconnect I it kept going lower. Now, is this okay for my system? I don't think so. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

nVidiaGuru
04-05-05, 02:12 PM
which drivers are you using? th 76.41's give me the most stable FPS.

Another very odd thing ive noticed with Source is when i join a room of 15~16 or more players my fps suffers dramatically ranging from 30-60 sitting mainly ~50fps. however if i go to a server with less people i will constantly get 60fps without a single drop. I thought it was the models so i turned the quality down, well that didnt solve it so i turned all my settings down and still didnt get hardly any increase in performance. After that i started switching drivers and did get a slight boost with the 76.41's but the lag was still there with a higher # of players.

Im assuming my cpu is bottle necked, but i wouldnt expect your to be

kaluminati
04-05-05, 03:28 PM
im using the 71.84 drivers. I would use beta drivers but they have caused me problems with other games =(.