PDA

View Full Version : xbox to get half-life 2...

brady
04-06-05, 08:08 AM
i just noticed this (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=273526) over at steampowered.com. not sure if its legit but just thought id post it here incase anyone is interested.

"Looks like we will be seeing hl2 on xbox 1 after all.
At the back of the uk official xbox mag, in the "Next Month In OXM" section, there is a huge picture of gordon. It says that next month they will have the "Worlds First Ever Half Life 2 Xbox shots" and that the game is "The most stunning shooter on xbox". It also says that HL2 xbox will be online playable through xbox live.

Some people may aprechiate the heads-up."

|MaguS|
04-06-05, 08:19 AM
Last time valve commented on the game coming to consoles they said there would be a possibility but no current plans. I don't know if they were lying or started work after they said that but eh. I beat the game on the PC, only way I would get it on the Xbox is if they had some exclusive content...

brady
04-06-05, 08:32 AM
at least with this half life we can be pretty sure that the console version wont look better...unless they make it for ps3 or xbox2...boo!

LiquidX
04-06-05, 11:10 AM
Heh thought for sure it would be a XBox Next launch title instead.

ericdrum
04-06-05, 12:09 PM
Heh thought for sure it would be a XBox Next launch title instead.

Yep, that's a much better idea.

Slyder
04-06-05, 02:05 PM
at least with this half life we can be pretty sure that the console version wont look better...

True, but if it has coop put on there it will play better. ;)

Edge
04-06-05, 02:38 PM
This would be interesting if true. I'd like to see how HL2 can look on a $150 console system, given how amazing Doom 3 still looks running on it I'd expect HL2 to run even better. And yeah, a coop mode would be nice, even if it's just a sort of "mini-campaign" like Decay for HL PS2 or Doom 3 on the Xbox. Although I'm not holding my breath for that.

But we'll have to see, I've heard conflicting reports on whether or not the game is headed to the Xbox.

zoomy942
04-06-05, 02:55 PM
there arent enough coop games in the world on the pc. *sigh*

stncttr908
04-06-05, 04:20 PM
Too bad it's going to be on dx8 era hardware. :(

Oh well, I bet the console crowd will still drool over it.

brady
04-06-05, 06:19 PM
True, but if it has coop put on there it will play better. ;)

that reminded me that a few weeks ago i finally admitted to myself that i really dont care what the gameplay is like...im a graphics *****. that is seriously all i care about. kinda lame, but true.

OWA
04-06-05, 06:23 PM
I'd be interested in that. Hopefully it wouldn't stutter or have any sound issues on the Xbox. Plus, I'm guessing I'd be able to play it without getting sick since I'd be much further away from the screen.