PDA

View Full Version : 76.41 and dxdiag

bagman
04-06-05, 07:22 AM
hI guys
Just installed these on my 6800gt
When I ran dxdiag I noticed a couple of issue
the "test directdraw" with the bouncing ball......bounces very fast !!
the "test direct3d" with the direct x logo....also spins like crazy.

I recall this used to indicate a v-sync issue. Have got vsync turned off in the control panel and also "always off" in Rivatuner "direct3d" tweaks and "opengl" tweaks.
Is there a problem with vsysnc in these drivers ???
Any other clues as to why the dxdiag problem ??

cheers

update: problem solved. Changed the "direct3d" setting in Rivatuner to auto and all is well. Left "opengl" as always off

EverGreen
04-06-05, 10:39 AM
From now till then those drivers have sometimes those strange vsync render problems, even with gorgeous drivers they work often, most of the times they seems be broken, but the funny thing: on other systems with different HW it works always...

So u not been alone out there !

rclenhardt
04-06-05, 11:10 AM
If you want the cube to rotate slowly than turn V-Synch ON. With V-Synch off, the cube will run as fast as it can without any refresh restrictions that V-SYnch enables.

bagman
04-06-05, 05:13 PM
rclenhardt.......so what is the purpose of the diredt3d test anyway??
If the cube rotates slowly or very fast, does it mean anything ???
By running dxdiag what are yu trying to achieve ??
As I said, after setting vsync to "auto" in Rivatuner is went back to rotating slowly, as did the bouncing ball in the directdraw.
This confirms what yu said "If you want the cube to rotate slowly than turn V-Synch ON"

cheers

EciDemon
04-08-05, 01:54 PM
The purpose of the test is to see if directx works.
It can be helpful if your games dont start all of a sudden.

If its fast or slow dosent mean anything other then you have vsync on or off.

rclenhardt
04-08-05, 03:03 PM
It not only assures that D3D and AGP acceleration are functioning properly but, as you found out, it verifys that the v-synch is operational.