PDA

View Full Version : Increasing volume in channels

toxikneedle
04-06-05, 01:39 PM
I have a question. I'm getting the Zalman 5.1 headphones anyday now and I have a Creative Audigy 2 Value soundcard. Now, I heard some people say that the zalman's front channel (or one of the channels) is lower than the others, and they fixed the problem by increasing the volume of the channel in third party software. I'm wondering how can I do this, I didn't seem to get any software with my soundcard that seems to increase volume of the channels.

jolle
04-06-05, 01:53 PM
Im using Integrated sound here, with the NVmixer and nvidia driver.
Front channel has always been WAY higher then the other channels, I thought this is cause that output has headphone amps, while the others dont.. not sure tho..
But to get the sound equal I had to put F Left and F Right almost to 0, and the others maxed.
Shouldnt there be seperate volume controls in the software for Audigy2 somewhere in all the stuff you get with the drivers?

Also using Zalman 5.1 headphones here.

toxikneedle
04-06-05, 02:10 PM
Yeah, someone told me something like Creative Sound Mixer, but I can't find it and I didn't get it on my driver cd.

jolle
04-06-05, 04:46 PM
hm.
Well cant help you there, dont have a creative card..
I did MANY years ago, I remember there was alot of crazy crap that installed with the driver..
You tried snooping around creatives site for a newer driver package or software for the card?

http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=204&product=10653&nav=softwareBundle
the site lists "surround mixer" as part of the Creative software.. sounds about right..

toxikneedle
04-06-05, 05:48 PM
Hey thanks jolle, I took the cd I got with the card and there were crap load of programs on the cd that it didn't ask me to install with the autorun exe. I had to browse each proggy seperately to see which I need to install. Needless to say surround mixer was just what I was looking for. Well, problem solved. Thanks again.