PDA

View Full Version : some people don't just get it..lol

Dr_s99
04-06-05, 08:01 PM
well as i was talking to my friend they seem to be brain washed or something!
they are telling my that the graphic of the games in ps2 is higher then XBOX!
what do you think?

and when i post a picture from inside the games they say its a movieplay..!

gram_vaz
04-06-05, 08:04 PM
i say gamecube. resident evil 4 and the metroid games look amazing. and they play great too.

Dr_s99
04-06-05, 08:06 PM
gamecube i not bad... either.. i mean PS2... really
at least gamecube and xbox have a graphic card... which supports 3D...!

brady
04-06-05, 08:15 PM
i said xbox...but ive seen some pretty incredible things done on the ps2. thats despite the fact that the hardware is pretty stink-o-man.

MustangSVT
04-06-05, 08:27 PM
The only game that looks impressive on the PS2 would have to be Gran Turismo 4. Now it does look impressive, but it's only 1 game, and it doesn't look that impressive compared to PGR2/Forza on XBOX. On the gamecube, you have Resident Evil 4 that looks impressive compared to XBOX game, but again that's one game and one game only.

Now compare that to the games that look impressive on Xbox. PGR2, Halo 2, Ninja Gaiden, Forza, Splinter Cell 3, Doom 3, Riddick, Dead or Alive Ultimate, RalliSport 2, ESPN NFL 2K5, MechAssault 2, Burnout 3, Crimson Skies.. you get the idea.

The single fact that Xbox is the only console with 720p games like Amped 2, Soul Calibur II, World Series Baseball. Look at Amped 2 in 720p on Xbox and then look at 1080 Avalance on GC and SSX 3 on PS2 and you'll see what I'm talking about. Oh and don't start with that Gran Turismo 4 1080i crap. It's a fact that the PS2 can't handle true HDTV resolution like 1080i. It doesn't even oficially support it or even have the large enough buffer for a resolution like that. I've played the game in the so called 1080i and it has jaggies more like 480i when compared to Amped 2 in 720p.

jAkUp
04-06-05, 08:28 PM
Definetely XBOX

aaahhh52
04-06-05, 08:35 PM
Pc :angel:

HIWTHI
04-06-05, 08:40 PM
From a general game basis I would say Xbox. A few of the Gamecube
titles (ex: RE4) have really looked great though. From a specs perspective I would say Xbox. The PS2 is just horrible to program for, because of the limited memory. It's amazing that developers can do what they do with that machine.

superklye
04-06-05, 09:47 PM
I don't know...it's between Xbox and GC...I mean, look at the Metroid games, FF:Crystal Chronicals, RE4 and I thought the BG:DA games looked pretty damned good, too.

Mr. Hunt
04-06-05, 10:00 PM
Hard to say for me... amazingly I would say it is between PS2 and Xbox... Xbox has more powerful hardware and has some great looking games... but with the right programmers... PS2 games can look great too... God of War, Gran Turismo 4, and Metal Gear Solid 3 are amazing looking as far as console games go.

SH64
04-07-05, 12:06 AM
Xbox .. but PC beat the 3 hands down (wack)

BTW .. if you look to the votes right now , they should give you a figure for what to do for anyone tells you that PS2's graphics looks better than XBox's ;)

jolle
04-07-05, 06:04 AM
as far as Ive seen all of them suffer from severe aliasing, which really ruins more the better the graphics looks..
GTA san andreas on PS2 is a veritable crawly jagfest, so is that new Resident Evil on GC, which is a bit worse since the graphics is really good there and the better it is, the more annoying is the Aliasing..
(if valve only had put some effort into their "fire sprites" and made them anywhere close to as good as in RE it would have been neat)

Would be pretty neat if the new generation was backward compatible and automaticly ran either MSAA or preferably SSAA on the old games.

Knot3D
04-07-05, 06:47 AM
Nobody ever takes my point of view serious, but ok here's my 2 cents :

it all depends on how you think about games : do you look at game graphics purely technical or do you look 'further' and let yourself be immersed by all aspects of a game like art direction.

Of course, purely tech speaking : PC > Xbox > NGC > PS2

But Ico on PS2 is still my fav game becuz it's whole visual world is like digital opium to me. I prefer that game over any EA sports game at 1600 x 1200 with 8xAA and 16xAF anytime.

For the best pure CG graphics i'll watch the latest Pixar or something like that.

saturnotaku
04-07-05, 06:52 AM
Now compare that to the games that look impressive on Xbox. PGR2, Halo 2, Ninja Gaiden, Forza, Splinter Cell 3, Doom 3, Riddick, Dead or Alive Ultimate, RalliSport 2, ESPN NFL 2K5, MechAssault 2, Burnout 3, Crimson Skies.. you get the idea.

It's not only the fact that these games look good, many of them perform exceptionally well. DOA:U and Ninja Gaiden for sure consistently run at a solid 60 fps. I'm sure there are many, many others as well.

That being said, of games where you have the multiple rushed console ports (NFS:U, Enter the Matrix, et al) I usually give the ever so slight visual edge to the GC. But the Xbox is a close second.

Ninjaman09
04-07-05, 07:00 AM
For exclusive titles, I'd say all the systems are about equal. God of War easily looks as good as Ninja Gaiden and it runs fine, Metroid Prime and Resident Evil 4 look extremely good, Silent Hill 3 looked awesome, etc. Hardware-wise the X-Box is more "technically" capable but each system is just as good if utilized properly, as only an exclusive title can do.

Saibot
04-07-05, 08:12 PM
I have to agree with Knot3D. When ICO came out I rented it on a whim after seeing reviews in some mag. Talk about losing yourself in a game - I was mesmerized. I think no other game has left such an impression on me. I've seen Riddick and Halo2 on my friends X-Box and they looked alright but I'm afraid that PC games have spoiled me now, especially with HL2 and Doom3. That being said I recently bought ICO and played through it again and even now this one blows me away.