wshadow
04-07-05, 03:20 AM
This game ROCKS!!! I can't wait to play co-op with jakup:P

stubby
04-07-05, 03:51 AM
yeah it is pretty good

Grechie
04-07-05, 04:46 AM
yeh it is a nice game...i love sending in the team to clear a room with flash bangs...tis sweet as :D

LiquidX
04-07-05, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the wealth of info guys, now we all will run out and get it asap. :rolleyes:

jAkUp
04-07-05, 10:09 AM
Yes I just picked it up yesterday as well, I had a ton of work to do so I haven't got around to it just yet... hope to play some today.

Too many games, not enough time:)
Doom3 ROE
Splinter Cell CT
Swat 4

Too many! ;)

jAkUp
04-07-05, 11:06 PM
Here are some screenshots I snapped, the level design is fantastic, and very lifelike. Some of the levels (particulary this one) are very spooky and have alot of atmosphere. Online play is also a blast whether its co-op or TDM :)

1600x1200 2x/4x

Blade
04-08-05, 01:16 AM
This could be the Sleeper hit of 05, blows away the competition every which way!

jAkUp
04-08-05, 01:35 AM
It uses a modified unreal engine. Has better lighting, ps2.0 support and bumpmapping :)

ericdrum
04-08-05, 04:21 PM
You know what is sooooo freaking cool about the game to me? That if I fail a mission, I can't just go through the same motions to get back to where I was. The criminals, hostages, bystanders, injured etc. are spawned in different locations each time you play a map. That is so cool to me because it keeps you on your toes. You don't always think, "there's a guy around this door". I also love how you can take control of the sniper and cap a bad guy with the sniper camera. I like this game a lot.

wshadow
04-08-05, 10:09 PM
Serious..that is like my favorite part of the game, especially since im playing on hard :)

GuOD
04-08-05, 10:11 PM
I wish there was a way to make this game run widescreen.

jAkUp
04-09-05, 01:06 AM
BTW guys, if you want to enable EAX and Positional Audio, rather than stero, here are the directions. It sounds much better and immerses you in the game further.

Navigate to SWAT 4\Content\System
Find Default.ini, right click and disable Read-only
Save, then open with notepad
Do a search for EAX
Change the False to True
Right below should be Use3DSound change this to True as well
Exit and save

Should look like this:
[ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem]
UseEAX=True
Use3DSound=True
UseDefaultDriver=True

stubby
04-09-05, 06:15 AM
problem is if i do that, i get audio skipping and stuttering for some reason

zoomy942
04-09-05, 04:15 PM
awesome find jake! this game is a HUGE amount of fun.

Roliath
04-09-05, 10:01 PM
Yeah I just started playing this game, and I have played the first level like 6 times already!
Each time the baddies/hosties are in a different place.
Sometimes when I tell the baddies to "put there hands up" they are compliant, but sometimes those fawkers don't want to listen to authority, and I end up having to put them down!

BTW: How do you take control of the sniper?

zoomy942
04-09-05, 10:15 PM
what si the point of guns when i can use the shotgun with beanbags and captire eeryone?

boro
04-10-05, 06:08 AM
:edit: nevermind :)

ericdrum
04-10-05, 01:10 PM
what si the point of guns when i can use the shotgun with beanbags and captire eeryone?

There are missions where some guys have body armor or gas masks. You'll need some real hardware to take those armor guys out. You'll need more than pepper to take out the gas mask guys. So it does make sense to stay less lethal a lot of the time, but make sure you have some real hardware.

stncttr908
04-11-05, 11:34 AM
Looks great, plays better!

I played co-op all day over LAN instead of studying for my exams. I'm an idiot.

|MaguS|
04-11-05, 01:33 PM
I don't like the fact that everyone stands so straight all the time, even while running... R6 has alot better animation.

|MaguS|
04-11-05, 02:59 PM
It actually looks fake, I mean look at the screen shot above my first post. The guy looks unnatural. MGS2 intro showed this well, When the russians storm the ship you get to see how tactically move smoothly and properly, even during the game when the alarm is set.