PDA

View Full Version : Question about mounting 7.1 speakers...

Sk8erian
04-07-05, 03:04 PM
I am going to be getting the Creative Inspire 7.1 speakers in a couple days. I don't really have a spot to mount every satellite speaker based on how my room is set up. I can fit the front three on my desk...but the 2 side and back speakers don't have any place to mount.

The speakers are not coming with any stands to put them on however. What do you recommend to use as a stand for all the speakers? I would be willing to spend some money some cheap stands, but nothing expensive.

Any help would be nice!

remymarten
04-07-05, 07:16 PM
The cheapest stands I could find were about $50 for a pair. At my local Best Buy.

Clay
04-07-05, 07:25 PM
This got me to wondering what kind of DIY projects might be out there for speaker stands...some pretty neat ideas can be found here: http://www.google.com/search?q=diy+speaker+stands&btnG=Search&hl=en&lr=

rjav8r
04-10-05, 01:02 AM
If your handy with a welder you could fashion a setup similar to what Creative used to sell for 5.1 systems (they no longer sell them), which I currently have installed on my setup.

Basically the monitor sits on the platform (with an LCD, you may have to weigh or secure it down yourself), and the platfrom supports to riser bars in the back. These bars have a crossbar brace at the top which keeps the contraption rigid and then 2 arms extend from each riser supporting a satellite right behind and above the users head for perfect 5.1

You could modify the arm to support multiple satellites I suppose...

Another option would be to hang them from the ceiling in their optimal poistions and user extension poles if you need to get the sound closer to your listening center point

ynnek
04-11-05, 01:36 AM
a nail on the wall to hang them..

or you can go a little "ghetto", like $25 for a set of 4 wooden tv tray stands at walmart or something.

or.. strategic furniture placement.. heh