PDA

View Full Version : PVP In EQ2!

|MaguS|
04-08-05, 05:04 AM
Another part of the EQII team is hard at work on our first Expansion Pack, coming out later this year. We've taken a lot of your recent ideas and feedback into account, and we're working on some innovative ways characters can move and interact with the environment. Also, we're taking the first step towards introducing PvP competition with the introduction of a new type of combat!

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/news_archive.vm?section=News&id=440

I do agree with one comment in his letter, the ingame CS Response is great. While I only needed a GMs help once so far I only had to wait around 5-10mins for it. If anyone has ever played EQL would know thats amazing, I remember having to wait a day or two in EQL just to get a response.

EQ2 is improving and changing constantly, some for the worse but most is for the better.

Tyr-Sog
04-08-05, 08:52 AM
Very good news! I wonder if your existing characters carry over or will it be in all new world?(i didn't read the link).

|MaguS|
04-08-05, 08:55 AM
It's rumored that it will be optional, like how it is in normal EQ servers where you can dual and go all out in arenas. They stated they wont have an all our free for all server as of yet.

Elderblaze
04-08-05, 03:08 PM
let the joke that is balencing nightmare begin. EQ2 was not designed for PVP, this should be fairly amusing to watch from a distance, I can hear the screams of nerf already.

|MaguS|
04-08-05, 03:10 PM
Yeah, all the screaming has already begun but this team is smarter then the previous. Main reason PVP wasn't in from the start, they don't plan on just adding the ability to attack anyone, they are making a new form a combat directed to only PVP.

So as far as we know, they plan to seperate PVP and PVE...

nrdstrm
04-08-05, 05:47 PM
I am all for this as long as it's concentual PVP or battlegrounds or something. But the WILL have to do some balancing. If I were to take my 38 Zerker and put him up againt a 38 wizzy, I would get my ass owned in 2 seconds if I couldn't get inside to hit him...
Nrdstrm

|MaguS|
04-08-05, 11:31 PM
I would get my ass owned in 2 seconds if I couldn't get inside to hit him...
Nrdstrm

If you can't get inside to hit him then you SHOULD get owned, thats the whole tactic. If you can match a wizads power at a distance then there is something wrong, but once you get inside you should be able to take him down quickly.

killahsin
04-08-05, 11:53 PM
I have a feeling the pvp we see will be more of a guild orientated mix between wows battlegrounds and guildwars. The main reason i say this is because than they can seperate the two games easier, and not play balance the 5 decks of cups on their nose game.

Elderblaze
04-09-05, 02:41 AM
Yeah, all the screaming has already begun but this team is smarter then the previous. Main reason PVP wasn't in from the start, they don't plan on just adding the ability to attack anyone, they are making a new form a combat directed to only PVP.

So as far as we know, they plan to seperate PVP and PVE...

I havent seen anything to prove they are smarter then the other team :) Ask me in 6 years.

Regards,
Mike

pingu2
04-10-05, 04:47 AM
maybe troubadour will at last be best at something ;)