PDA

View Full Version : HL2 Expansion Announced

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

karkrash81
04-08-05, 04:31 PM
According to HardOCP Eurogamer says an expansion is planned titled: Half Life 2: Aftermath...PC Gamer UK has the story. I can't open the link at work....

vX
04-08-05, 04:32 PM
maybe this is the big announcement pcgamer has, the one jakup has been going nuts trying to figure out?

karkrash81
04-08-05, 04:33 PM
Yes, I thought that might be it as well...

EDIT: Oops, didn't know you guys posted this in the regular GAming Forum... my bad.

|JuiceZ|
04-08-05, 04:44 PM
Kinda figured that was coming. Release date Sept 30th 2008? They better fix that dang ending this time around too...:p

Mudcrutch
04-08-05, 04:47 PM
what are some of your expectations on this expansion?

i would like to see:

- it be no more than $20
- larger scale open battle across city 17. you can pick diff routes, etc.
- a few different guns maybe
- some vehicle action. maybe drive one of those combine tank/trucks.

Seoulstriker
04-08-05, 04:53 PM
I think this goes in the "who gives a sh*t department". *sigh*

Roliath
04-08-05, 04:58 PM
2008??
You gotta be fawking kidding me! Just for an expansion pack?

|MaguS|
04-08-05, 05:11 PM
I expect it end of this year as to what to expect in the content...

Were not gonna play as Gordon (this takes place after HL2 but before HL3, G-Man put him in stasis again).
More Alex at our side but not playable.
New Weapons
New Enemies
New Vehicles but shorter sessions.
Not taking place in C17 (The city was destroyed at the end of HL2).
Another Cliffhanger ending (HL3 is still planned).
Cost no more then $29.99
Only available over steam.

vX
04-08-05, 05:23 PM
- 34.99 ID did it with roe, valve will do it with this. (Both d3 and hl2 were 54.99 at release)

- On steam, later to be boxed. Being valve, this won;t save you a dime, online, you'll still pay $34.99

- New Hdr effects, like their new level, "lost coast"

- Will run 15-20% faster on ati.

- You'll play as Barney and other team members, not as gordon.

- It will be funner than HL2, but really short, ala d3/roe.

- Official CTF added to MP

karkrash81
04-08-05, 05:26 PM
I'd like a little more non linear level design...some more open ended choices in terms of routes to finish...hitman and splinter cell chaos theory are good examples of this.

I'd like to see some old Half Life enemies...gargantuan, tenticles, hound eyes, grunts, etc...

and fix for the stuttering!!

karkrash81
04-08-05, 05:28 PM
...oh, and NPC's that don't get in my way!

Acid Rain
04-08-05, 05:28 PM
Don't forget a new graphics engine. They should license the Cry-engine for outdoors and the Doom 3 engine for indoors :D

The only problem is that Matrox Paid them 20 million and it's going to be a Parhelia exclusive, with horseback riding and rubber bullets.

Rakeesh
04-08-05, 05:36 PM
Am I the only one here who thinks this is gay?

I am resolved to no longer buy valve games ever again. They are buggy as crap and they never finish the damn story line.

HIWTHI
04-08-05, 07:11 PM
To their credit, at least they have a story that you care about so much that you need to know the ending. The expansion is slated for a summer 2005 release.

superklye
04-08-05, 07:53 PM
I hope we play as Alyx (wasn't this announced earlier by Doug Lombardi or someone?) and get new guns, vehicles and at least 15 hours of gameplay. It would be cool to play after the ending of HL2 and the G-man took her away just like he did with Gordon...so this way it would advance the story kind of, while still leaving it up in the air what happened to Gordon.

Rakeesh
04-08-05, 07:54 PM
To their credit, at least they have a story that you care about so much that you need to know the ending.

Not really anymore. It's just going to be the same crap over and over again: kill an alien force with a buggy game engine til you meet the g-man, then wait 6 more years just so you can do it again.

superklye
04-08-05, 07:56 PM
Not really anymore. It's just going to be the same crap over and over again: kill an alien force with a buggy game engine til you meet the g-man, then wait a few more years just so you can do it again.
heh, with that being said, the story is light-years ahead of "Space Station on Mars, home to interdimensional portal to Hell."

yawn.

six_storm
04-08-05, 08:24 PM
Wow, I do want to continue this little story escapade with HL2. Here are my wishes:

#1: Run like S*** on ATI Cards :D
More vehicles
More/better weapons
Push the graphics engine further
Better MP
The occasional bug fixings

brady
04-08-05, 09:14 PM
#1: Run like S*** on ATI Cards

LOL yeah i hope they force ati users to run it in directX 6 mode

Treason
04-09-05, 12:08 AM
Wow, I do want to continue this little story escapade with HL2. Here are my wishes:

#1: Run like S*** on ATI Cards :D

I'm sure this is the super secret wish of most of the forum members here. :)

superklye
04-09-05, 12:31 AM
Is the expansion this "Aftermath" episode mentioned in the most recent Steam Update News?

|MaguS|
04-09-05, 12:34 AM
I hope we play as Alyx (wasn't this announced earlier by Doug Lombardi or someone?)

No that was debunked, Alex wont be playable ever is what they claimed... who knows...

superklye
04-09-05, 12:46 AM
No that was debunked, Alex wont be playable ever is what they claimed... who knows...
man, **** that noise

superklye
04-09-05, 12:54 AM
Just saw this on planethalflife:

Eurogamer.net Reveals Half Life 2: Aftermath

The development of the rumoured Official Expansion Pack for Half-Life 2 has been scooped by PC Gamer UK, according to Eurogamer.net's Kristan Reed:

Grabbing a quick chat with Valve designer Robin Harper and writer Marc Laidlaw, the ten page PC Gamer feature doesn't reveal much in the way of concrete information, but instead, the ever-slippery chaps at Valve talk around the subject of the game, choosing to focus more on their motivations for choosing to make new Half-Life 2 content all by themselves rather than, say, farm out the job to Gearbox as it did during the Half-Life era.

More details as they become available.

AthlonXP1800
04-09-05, 02:15 AM
I wonder what happened to "The Lost Coast" addon level that Valve been promised months ago available to download from Steam or are they scrapped it and decided to add it in Half Life 2: Aftermath?