PDA

View Full Version : Need for Speed Most Wanted Announced

jAkUp
04-10-05, 02:12 PM
NFS Hot Pursuit was my favorite game, can't wait to see this one. :)

Combining the thrill of illicit street racing and tuner customization with the intensity of strategic police pursuits that rivals any Hollywood-style chase scene, Need for Speed Most Wanted challenges players to become the most notorious and elusive street racer.

"Out-race your opponents, evade cops and exploit the open world in Need for Speed Most Wanted; street racing doesn't get any better than this," said Larry LaPierre, senior producer, EA Canada. "Players instantly will feel the thrill of the ride as they hit the streets in an open world environment where drivers can tune their cars to compete against any class of vehicles or use their wits to out-fox the law to satisfy their need for speed."

Need for Speed Most Wanted delivers a unique, fast-paced and gripping ride in the racing genre as players build up their Rap Sheet and street cred to move their way up the Black List to become the most wanted racer on the streets. Players will go head-to-head with the top drivers on the scene as well as strategically evade more than half dozen cops at any one time. Add in a dynamic open world, new gameplay and customization as well as tuners, supercars, muscles and sports cars and Need for Speed Most Wanted will be on every gamer's "must-have" list.

Developed in Vancouver, B.C. by EA Canada, Need for Speed Most Wanted will be available for a next generation console as well as the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system, Xbox videogame system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo DS, Game Boy Advance, PSP handheld entertainment system and PC.

http://img225.exs.cx/img225/4217/needforspeedmostwantedannounce.th.jpg (http://img225.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img225&image=needforspeedmostwantedannounce.jpg)

|MaguS|
04-10-05, 02:24 PM
I loved the original Hot Pursuit and the Sequel on the PS2, this doesn't look like its gonna follow in its foot steps. Looks ALOT like Underground...

LiquidX
04-10-05, 03:24 PM
I hope it's not like underground because I really, really, really hated those games. NFS Hot Pursuit is the only game in MY PS2 collection that I have never sold and I have had it probaly over 3 years now. I hope they go back to the original formula.

Roliath
04-10-05, 04:16 PM
I hope it has "real" cars this time around.
Imports aren't really my thing, I hope it has REAL american muscle!

NAZCA M12
04-10-05, 05:50 PM
Bimmers are MY thing, and i love the NFS series so, i'll bye that mother****er when it comes out :p

Roliath
04-10-05, 06:33 PM
Bimmers are MY thing, and i love the NFS series so, i'll bye that mother****er when it comes out :p
I guess I should clarify that when I say "Imports" I mean cars like Civic's, Integra's, RSX's, and you know little 4 bangers. Nothing against them, they're just not "MY" thing. So no offense to anyone who might have those cars.

BioHazZarD
04-10-05, 06:37 PM
Yeah i found nfs Underground kinda boring too. i loved the first games where u could escape the cops and even play the cops.

NAZCA M12
04-10-05, 07:05 PM
I guess I should clarify that when I say "Imports" I mean cars like Civic's, Integra's, RSX's, and you know little 4 bangers. Nothing against them, they're just not "MY" thing. So no offense to anyone who might have those cars.

No offense taken :) And btw i'd love to see a vast variety of brands if possible. NFS:U really suffered in that departement. Anyhow, i suppose we all have a favorite game series or two that we will almost definately buy the next installment out of... veteran reasons. :D I guess NFS is one of those for me, i've been there from the beginning :D

SH64
04-10-05, 07:22 PM
Yep HP2 was my fav too.. hope in this one the get rid of ricers because after 2 games i'm seriously getting bored with that.

Bad_Boy
04-10-05, 08:13 PM
Developed in Vancouver, B.C. by EA Canada, Need for Speed Most Wanted will be available for a next generation console as well as the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system, Xbox videogame system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo DS, Game Boy Advance, PSP handheld entertainment system and PC.
xbox2?

Acid Rain
04-10-05, 09:05 PM
I hope it has "real" cars this time around.
Imports aren't really my thing, I hope it has REAL american muscle!I was excited by the topic, but I wanted them to get back to the exotics. This ricer tuner gangsta sucka racing doesn't do it for me, though I did enjoy NFSU2.

I disagree about imports, as many of them are built in US plants, employing thousands of US, as in, Americans. Not to mention many of our cars/trucks are built in Canada. Hell, the new Volkswagen Beetle (German of course) is made in Mexico, of all places, and Chrysler builds in Turkey. Who would have thought Toyota's Avalon has more domestic parts that a PT cruiser??? Interesting tip of the iceberg. Here's a quick writup with more: http://autos.msn.com/advice/article.aspx?contentid=4021986&src=News

I know what you meant, though. You should beef up the Mustang in NFSU 2 and smoke some weenie ricers :D

Shamrock
04-10-05, 10:31 PM
They may be BUILT in the USA, but they have JAPANESE parts. Imported from Japan, with little to no tariffs added, because George Bush (the first one) decided to let their $700 million per year tariffs "slide" Clinton tried to make them pay up but to no avail. All the while GWB the 1st wanted to let those tariffs slide, he ALSO wanted to put tariffs on Fords, because they took advantage of that "slide" and over 60% of the parts from Ford cars were import parts. First car comes to mind was the LTD/Crown Vic had 62% of parts from Japan.

My Chevrolet Blazer has 92% of the parts made right here in USA, though.

Roliath
04-11-05, 12:00 AM
You should beef up the Mustang in NFSU 2 and smoke some weenie ricers :D
HAHA, funny you should mention that, Me and my bud decided to play that game today, and were using the GT and the GTO.

Mr_LoL
04-11-05, 03:47 AM
xbox2?

I think so. It probably means that xbox2 will definately be out this year :D

john19055
04-13-05, 03:07 AM
I glad to hear a nother NFS is comeing out ,NFSUG 1and 2 was fun for me it is the kind of raceing games I like since I don't like the NC games.

saturnotaku
04-13-05, 07:22 AM
Yep HP2 was my fav too.. hope in this one the get rid of ricers because after 2 games i'm seriously getting bored with that.

I agree. It's time to take the NFS series back to its roots, to give people a virtual chance to speed around in cars they probably will never sit it, let alone drive. Bring in the Ferrari 430, a Lamborghini Gallardo, Bugatti Veyron, the new Corvette Z06, cars that would be inaccessible to us mere mortals on a regular salary.

|JuiceZ|
04-13-05, 10:14 AM
HP was my fav of the series as well. Loved the feeling of elluding police at 100+ speeds dodging traffic :cool:

saturnotaku
04-13-05, 10:19 AM
That was cool, but my favorite was Porsche Unleashed. I would love to see something like a Ferrari or Lamborghini version of the same game. :)

coolguy
04-13-05, 10:57 AM
My favourite game in the NFS series is Porsche Unleashed. I liked UG2 though. Can't wait for Most Wanted!