View Full Version : New VIA Hyperion Drivers

jAkUp
04-12-05, 10:21 AM
For those of you using VIA chipsets...
http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=2&Type=1
v.4.56v was released today

Riptide
04-12-05, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the heads up. Doesn't sound like they are a real significant jump over the older package (4.53?). Most K8T800 users anyway are using the MS GART driver.

$n][pErMan
04-12-05, 01:54 PM
Cool .. maybe this will help with some of the recent video driver problems with VIA chipsets.

Riptide
04-12-05, 01:59 PM
[pErMan']Cool .. maybe this will help with some of the recent video driver problems with VIA chipsets.
What problems are those?

At least w/SP2 MS recommends you use their AGP GART driver - not the VIA one. So for most of us SP2 users this version of the chipset driver has very little effect, and pretty much none to our AGP driver.

$n][pErMan
04-12-05, 06:00 PM
What problems are those?

At least w/SP2 MS recommends you use their AGP GART driver - not the VIA one. So for most of us SP2 users this version of the chipset driver has very little effect, and pretty much none to our AGP driver.

Corrupt desktop problems where it will F up the backround and icons.

Slyder
04-13-05, 12:43 AM
For those of you using VIA chipsets...
http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=2&Type=1
v.4.56v was released today

Thanks for this jAkUp, maybe its time for my monthly format. :D

[edit] - I gotta be honest here, I have been using SP2 now for a while with the 4.55 via drivers and I have had no issue what so ever. :confused:

rohit
04-13-05, 06:11 AM
Wat are the MS SP2 GART Drivers? :confused:

i am using VIA_Hyperion 4in1_v455vp1 for over 4 - 5 days now.

Will there be any performance difference wen using either of em??

I am new to this VIA chipset. using it since less than a MONTH now. so i donno which to use.

Riptide
04-13-05, 08:25 AM
Wat are the MS SP2 GART Drivers? :confused:
Yes. If you are using SP2 it is recommended not to load the VIA AGP driver. In fact you don't have a choice with these newer VIA chipset driver packages - it simply won't install the VIA AGP driver if you have SP2 installed already.
i am using VIA_Hyperion 4in1_v455vp1 for over 4 - 5 days now.
Will there be any performance difference wen using either of em??
Probably not.

Slyder
04-13-05, 11:08 AM
Yes. If you are using SP2 it is recommended not to load the VIA AGP driver. In fact you don't have a choice with these newer VIA chipset driver packages - it simply won't install the VIA AGP driver if you have SP2 installed already.

Screw these then. I like the VIA drivers and they aint effected me at all. :confused:

Riptide
04-13-05, 12:43 PM
Screw these then. I like the VIA drivers and they aint effected me at all. :confused:
I never had any problems either and I ran the VIA AGP driver for a while under SP2. Not sure why they recommend that you use Microsoft's driver w/SP2, but they do. After my last build I used the MS driver and also have had no problems so far. Performance is nearly identical as well.

rohit
04-13-05, 12:51 PM
ok, wen i run 3dmark 05, i check system config..etc etc.. mobo a8v deluxe..etc etc
AGP:Enabled
AGP RATE: N/A (Earlier i used to get 8X)
FASTRITE : N/A ( Earlier i used to get Enabled)

How do i correct the above. i havent experienced any loss in performance. (As in gameplay) havent checked FPS decreased or Incresed.

And yes i have SP2 installed. And i also installed these new VIA 4in1 hyperion drivers 4.55

Slyder
04-14-05, 12:36 AM
Maybey the fat cats at VIA were smoking something when writing the release notes and are just trippin' :confused: cause it sounds like it makes no difference what AGP driver is used.