PDA

View Full Version : New to NVIDIA and NVNews I need some help

Briner
04-13-05, 10:40 AM
Hi, I recently upgraded from a Radeon 9800 Pro to a BFG 6800 GT.
and things are not going to smoothly. I have some issues.

1. is there any way to set a fixed refresh rate for all of my games I cant find
anything to do that in the latest forceware drivers.

2. When I play certain games like Chronicles of Riddick EFBB I can't select 1600 x 1200 the Highest it goes is 1200 x 800. Unless I use the plug and play driver. Then I can select it.

3. Is there a way to turn on Triple Buffering in open GL games.

Thanks glad to be part of nv news

saturnotaku
04-13-05, 10:49 AM
1. is there any way to set a fixed refresh rate for all of my games I cant find anything to do that in the latest forceware drivers.

You have a couple options here. You can use the Coolbits 2 registry hack to enable the refresh rate override in the drivers. This feature used to be present without the hack, but NVIDIA removed it because it was causing problems. Therefore, using this is not always guaranteed to work.

Personally, I use a program called Refresh Force. It's worked flawlessly in every single game with every single driver set I've ever used, both ATI and NVIDIA. Google for it, it's easy enough to find. Plus it doesn't use any system resources. Run it once, set your refresh rates, then either reboot or change your display mode (move from your stock resolution to something like 800x600, set it, apply the changes, then change it back) and you should be in business.

2. When I play certain games like Chronicles of Riddick EFBB I can't select 1600 x 1200 the Highest it goes is 1200 x 800. Unless I use the plug and play driver. Then I can select it.

I assume you mean the plug and play monitor driver? This is what I use for my display and it's always worked. You shouldn't worry about it. The only thing having the driver installed for that I've found is to have its name show up in device manager.

3. Is there a way to turn on Triple Buffering in open GL games.

Nope. While I don't know the reason for it off-hand, NVIDIA has its motives for not allowing this. It's not a feature I missed when going back and forth between ATI and NVIDIA.

Hope this helps.