PDA

View Full Version : Inconsistant Frame Rate and AA crashing

Roch
04-14-05, 09:02 AM
Hi all.

Been trying out ROE this week and have been really happy with it (when it's stable). The issue I'm having is when running with AA enabled. I'm getting timedemo scores of 94 for 1600x1200 high quality, and 77 with 4X enabled. This is better than the single Ultra I had before's non AA score so I thought I'd be fine to play at that res. However, it's really jerky and after about 15mins hard locks taking the quick save with it. Even 1600x1200 high quality 0xaa isn't without frequent frame rate drops into the low 30's. Am I being too expectant here or can anyone suggest possible causes. The Original Doom 3 ran brilliantly without any of the stuff that's happening now.
Spec is below; using 66.67's, NVtweak and the Creative beta Doom3 sound drivers. Many Thanks in advance.

CaptNKILL
04-14-05, 09:25 AM
Just a thought, but try it without the beta sound drivers for Doom 3.

PSYCHODAD
04-14-05, 12:48 PM
Just a thought, but try it without the beta sound drivers for Doom 3.
I have to say that ROE has played smooth as butter on my system. Not using the beta drivers though.

Roch
04-14-05, 03:19 PM
PSYCHODAD,

What drivers are you using? (Forceware, Nforce and Sound). I've ditched the Beta sound and ran an auto update from creative's site. I'll post back with results. Cheers.

PSYCHODAD
04-14-05, 04:16 PM
PSYCHODAD,

What drivers are you using? (Forceware, Nforce and Sound). I've ditched the Beta sound and ran an auto update from creative's site. I'll post back with results. Cheers.
Using the newest chipset drivers(nforce 6.53) and 71.84 drivers. About 3 weeks ago I updated the audigy drivers. Not sure of the version though.

Good luck with yours.

Roch
04-14-05, 04:50 PM
Excellent, 71.84's loaded, the latest Audigys, reinstall of NVtweak and a reinstall of Doom and ROE, plus a reg clean and a defrag. Seems much better, no more stuttering (at the moment), many Thanks! :D