PDA

View Full Version : Pc Competition

Arto*
04-14-05, 06:33 PM
hey guys im having a bet with my friend and we are betting on who has better pc specs or just the pc in general. need ur help guys, tell me which one do u think is better. my friends specs are :

-ASUS "A8N-SLI Deluxe" nForce4 SLI Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939 CPU
-same processor,same sound card
-Kingston 1 GB (dont know exactly wat model)
-BFG 6800 GT 256mb pci-e

-thats about it for the major parts.

Riptide
04-14-05, 06:39 PM
The main difference is the RAM. I would go with Corsair over Kingston.

What power supply does your friend have? Yours is a good model.

Arto*
04-14-05, 06:42 PM
The main difference is the RAM. I would go with Corsair over Kingston.

What power supply does your friend have? Yours is a good model.

no sure about the power supply, but it has less watts

Riptide
04-14-05, 06:48 PM
Well forget about the ps then so I'd have to say your machine gets the nod. Barely though. His video card is better IMO, though not by much.

Arto*
04-14-05, 06:53 PM
hmmm, dunno about that, he oced and his temp is very high and he has a custom fan (nv5 silencer), i also oced and im running fine with my stock fan.

Riptide
04-14-05, 06:54 PM
His card comes overclocked and carries a lifetime warranty.

Arto*
04-14-05, 06:56 PM
i see... lets hear some more opinions about the pc including the mobo and ram

Roliath
04-14-05, 11:11 PM
I like your Mobo better then the Asus, and are you guys both running the CPU at stock speeds?
I also prefer Corsair over Kingston, what are the timings and speeds on both of your ram modules? Is he running 512x2MB or 1GB?
What kind of temps are you and him getting regarding the cpu and gfx
And what kind of HSF do you both have on your cpu?

Arto*
04-15-05, 11:19 AM
I like your Mobo better then the Asus, and are you guys both running the CPU at stock speeds?
I also prefer Corsair over Kingston, what are the timings and speeds on both of your ram modules? Is he running 512x2MB or 1GB?
What kind of temps are you and him getting regarding the cpu and gfx
And what kind of HSF do you both have on your cpu?

both cpus are running at stock speed.
we both have 2x 512. dont know exactly wat hes runing.
on his gfx he hits 60 on idle and me 50, not sure about the cpu temp.
we both have stock HSF.

joltcola
04-15-05, 12:02 PM
Who has more lights in their case? :D

-- jolt

Amoor
04-15-05, 12:39 PM

lol good point :D

|JuiceZ|
04-15-05, 12:53 PM

-- jolt

Actually all he has to do is slap a few "Type-R" stickers on the side of his case and thats easily good for an extra 1ghz in speed :D

Arto*
04-15-05, 08:11 PM
hmmm, i dont know about the lights (thats not the main thing we are arguing about), i just want to know about the specs not the lights, heh, :)

$n][pErMan
04-15-05, 10:46 PM
Why dont you two settle it like men and beat the **** out of each other and who ever wins has the better computer? :D Or you could go the easy route and just benchmark ***** each other for a higher score? :-p

einstein_314
04-16-05, 02:08 AM
Go for the benchmarking method. There is no way we can tell from you telling us half the specs which one is better. Even if they were identical machines, they would probably perform differently, maybe only slightly, but still different. Do some benchies and compare.

Marcos
04-16-05, 08:29 AM
Actually all he has to do is slap a few "Type-R" stickers on the side of his case and thats easily good for an extra 1ghz in speed :D

yellow = speed

Arto*
04-16-05, 04:11 PM
umm its not technically a war to see whos is better, i just want to know ur opinion about the specs we have, like from ur experience which one do u think is better.

Viral
04-17-05, 08:09 AM
Running as they are there should be no noticable difference in performance. In fact I would say most of it would be up the HD difference (if there is one), or the RAM latency difference.