PDA

View Full Version : Best games out there right now

muaddib
04-15-05, 07:27 AM
I haven't been updated for a pretty long while...
And my video games library is pretty outdated.

I'm looking forward to buy some new games. If I could describe you the amount of my "outdateness", it was since the launching of CoD:UO.

Which games do you think I should buy?

I already have some ledgenary game like HL2, Doom3, CoD, UT2004 and more.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

OWA
04-15-05, 08:15 AM
Chronicles of Riddick and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory are really good.

SlamDunk
04-15-05, 08:28 AM
TrackMania Sunrise. Track building and racing game. Sequel to TrackMania.

jAkUp
04-15-05, 09:36 AM
Swat 4, Doom 3 ROE, Chronicles of Riddick and Splinter Cell CT

jnd3
04-15-05, 09:49 AM
Another vote for Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. And add Rome Total War to the mix ... there's just nothing more satisfying than hearing your Triarii cry out "Unleash hell!" as they charge into the Gauls.

Ninjaman09
04-15-05, 10:05 AM
World of Warcraft, Splinter Cell CT, Republic Commando, Doom 3 ROE. For multiplayer nothing beats Call of Duty UO. :D

zoomy942
04-15-05, 10:26 AM
starwars: republic commando

...nonstop action

agreed times 10! :)

swat4, doom 3 RoE, call of duty is always fun, area 51 comes out tuesday

Lfctony
04-15-05, 11:10 AM
God of War for the PS2, Jade Empire for the XB, Res Evil 4 for the GC, SC:CT for the PC.

But since you are focusing on the PC, Knights of the Old Republic 2, SW: Republic Commando. Some people enjoyed Brothers In Arms, but I hated it.

Skinner
04-15-05, 11:37 AM
Cold Fear, Swat 4, Doom3 ROE, Stolen, Chronicles of Riddick and SplinterCell CT (and always on my HD UT2004, Hl2, GTA VC, BFVN)

Wolfhound
04-15-05, 11:55 AM
Doom 3 ROE, Chronicles of Riddick EFBB, Splinter Cell CT and Swat 4

stncttr908
04-15-05, 12:37 PM
SWAT 4, SC:CT, Act of War, Brothers in Arms, etc.

muaddib
04-15-05, 04:42 PM
Thank you all, i'm extremely thankful!

I would like to say that I'm focusing mainly on PC.
I've heard some good things about Riddick.

So what do you say about this "shopping" list from Fry's:
- The Chronicles of Riddick: EFBB
- CoD:UO (Loved CoD, I'm sure i'll love that)
- StarWars: Republic Commando
- SC:CT (Is it good as the first?)
- Doom3 ROE (I've enjoyed the first title so much)

Can you tell me a little more about God of War, Jade Empire, BiA and Act of War?

Are Rome:TW, and Project Snowblind and Stolen are good games?

I've read that WoW is a magnificent, but I think i'll hang with buying it for a while.. All of these games above are a few-days short... WoW can keep me busy for a several years... ;)

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
homb

Subtestube
04-15-05, 05:04 PM
Rome Total War and Trackmania Sunrise are my two votes, even though both have already been mentioned. Rome is just a fantastic game - I guess you have to not just like the ol' FPS to like it, but it's already given me an enormous number of hours of play time. The online community will make TM: Sunrise last for aaaaages too, if that's a concern for you.

stncttr908
04-15-05, 05:22 PM
Rome:TW kicks ass. I've heard Stolen isn't that great though. I'm pretty sure that SC:CT will hold you over when it comes to stealth action.

PaiN
04-15-05, 05:31 PM
I only play on PC...my votes are for:
1. World of Warcraft
2. Splinter Cell: CT
3. Doom3: RoE

Gaco
04-16-05, 04:59 AM
Brothers in Arms disappointed me greatly. The disappointment can be summarized in one word: repetitive gameplay! Gearbox overpraised and overrated their own game so much, thinking that they had made the best gameplay ever by using the same formula all through the game: 1. supress 2. flank 3. kill. Well HAHA, try doing that for several hours and you'll be bored to hell. At least I was.
However Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory outweighed the disappointed by BiA completely, surprising me the good way. I hope you have the rig for SC:CT, because then you'll be seeing some kickass graphics all the way baby! I also think it's much better than the first one not only in terms of graphics :)

Lastly I would really recommend the Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcherbay too, but I'll let someone else explain how great it is, otherwise you may even end up experiencing it for yourself ;)

Blacklash
04-16-05, 05:45 AM
If you are an RPG fan and don't have some of these oldies get them:

All of the "Baldur's Gate" games, Planescape Torment, Morrowind, The "Thief" games. If you like building your own campaigns/stories/worlds get some of the Neverwinter Nights games. The single player parts are alright and limited multiplayer and world building is where I enjoyed it most.

Three not so popular old games I yet still enjoyed were; The Longest Journey, Westwood Studios Bladerunner, and Clive Barker's Undying(Horror FPS)

As someone else mention the KOTOR and such Star Wars games are great too. If you like Star Wars you are cheating yourself not owning these games.

If you have never played Far Cry, get it. Doom III is good if you make it past the first half or start. If you stick with it, it pays off.

Oh yes, another older game I liked a lot was, Mafia.

For an aside from RPG/FPS/Action try Gran Turismo or some of the Colin McRae games. Personally I enjoy Colin McRae a lot for a break from the other games.

muaddib
04-16-05, 03:14 PM
Thank you all... Now I know which game I should buy.

Plus...

I've just played Riddick demo, and I have only one word to say: WOW.
This game is amazing, even at its demo version without any patches.

It owns HL2 regarding graphics (!), AI, gameplay, movement, hud, weapons, everything... The floor actually explodes when I'm throwing a grenade at it!!!
I've never thought battles can look so intense... got no words, I'm getting this game ASAP.