PDA

View Full Version : Asus P4C800-E Deluxe broked.

Roadhog
04-16-05, 01:51 PM
well, I decided to update my bios. The bios update went fine. All but the fact that it wont detect 2 hard drives now.. I have the 2 hard drives on the Raid port thingy, In IDE mode, and my one main 250GB is on the IDE channel thingymabober by itself...

they dont even show up in the bios...

http://img235.echo.cx/img235/1936/wtf4en.jpg

Roadhog
04-17-05, 06:02 PM
hmm..... does the HD need a jumper to show up?

jAkUp
04-17-05, 06:13 PM
Are you running a raid? If you are not running a RAID I don't think you are really supposed to have any drives on there... as for jumpers, the one on the end of the cable needs to be a master, the middle HD needs to be a slave.

Also, turn off the system. pull the CMOS battery out for 2 minutes. Put it back in and boot up. Its a good idea to clear the CMOS after you reflash your BIOS... you could have strange results if you don't.

Roadhog
04-17-05, 07:19 PM
oh hmm, well i dont have anymore jumpers :( ill have to buy some... the one hard drive is on a single IDE cable, in IDE mode on the RAID port, it was working fine before i flashed..

I guess I will buy a jumper, and if that doesn't work try to clear the CMOS...

Killermiles
04-18-05, 10:54 AM
The is another setting in one of the other screens that sets weather your running in compatability (combined mode) or extended mode along with some other settings.