PDA

View Full Version : To all For Sale/Trade comrades... TROLL UNCOVERED

s3rvb0t
04-18-05, 05:28 PM
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=885236&page=3&pp=20
now we KNOW shes a troll.. please be wary of her.. and If a mod tries to protect her again and lock this im gonna be mad.. mods.. I'm just watching out for the others..

moshpit
04-18-05, 09:21 PM
I just went and read that thread. SHe IS a rip off artist and anybody attempting to cover that up is as guilty as she is. I doubt Nvnews would close your perfectly valid warning. She's a spiteful, thieving, little #^@&* and I hope her Karma catches up to her quickly.

s3rvb0t
04-18-05, 09:35 PM
thanks man,
here is my original thread the got locked: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48379

here are diff threads from her:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46797
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46983 <-------- this is her 2nd thread of these items, her 1st thread was ful of invalid specs and other bs
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47752

fastguy94416
04-18-05, 09:35 PM
someone should slap her...

Kickus_assius
04-18-05, 09:37 PM
Just saw her post. WTF is that? I am very happy I got my money back. I hope her account here is banned instantly for that post alone. She seemed so nice, but a complete act...I hope she gets what's coming to her.

s3rvb0t
04-18-05, 09:41 PM
yea dude, i was about to trade my athlon 64 6800 ultra gaming rig to her for a notebook... Thank God i didnt.. jesus man..

here is a PM i got from her a couple months ago
"lol, yeah it is. But I have a father who works in a Computer Part Co. He has laptops, Pc's, Parts, the works. I can talk to him tonight, maybe I can get another high end laptop, or maybe something that fits more of your needs. If you are still interested of course; that sounds like a nice PC u got there, and now I'm interested. I play Counter-strike, so it would be good. Get back."

... Die.

s3rvb0t
04-18-05, 10:16 PM
If the mods won't protect anyone, don't you think WE(aka the people that make up the FS/WTB forum) should at least have the right to protect ourselves by letting eachother know of trolling bastards?

SLippe
04-18-05, 10:25 PM
Here's her stupid AOL profile. A frickin' teenager...
http://members.aol.com/fanofoufootball/shizzinghshizzy.jpg

s3rvb0t
04-18-05, 10:35 PM
lol, jesus man.. i feel bad for the others who got owned on [H] as well as in here

saturnotaku
04-18-05, 10:43 PM
If the mods won't protect anyone, don't you think WE(aka the people that make up the FS/WTB forum) should at least have the right to protect ourselves by letting eachother know of trolling bastards?

If you start playing Teh Intarweb Poleece, do you know how abosolutely cluttered this forum would be? The member in question has not posted a thing on nV News in weeks. What happened in the [H] forum is no concern here. Their staff is more than capable of dealing with situations like this.

As Gib pointed out, and as is stated in the rules, if there is a problem, you bring it up with an administrator: Clay, JuiceZ or MikeC and they will take any steps necessary. As far as I can tell, while it appears people were ripped off at [H], searching through this forum shows no indication of any deceptive practice. Again, the only concerns of traders on this forum will be what goes on specifically here.

Any more discussion about this situation will be dealt with by said admins. End of story.

-=DVS=-
04-18-05, 10:44 PM
Wow what a biatch :thumbdwn: she might return with different name watch out !

spazzygirl
And in the End I still got the money, wasted it, let my mom refund from her pocket. and you know why? Because of the simple fact that I can, and to show that people will learn from their mistakes. Thanks for the cash boys, time to go get some more

moshpit
04-19-05, 12:58 AM
If you start playing Teh Intarweb Poleece, do you know how abosolutely cluttered this forum would be? The member in question has not posted a thing on nV News in weeks. What happened in the [H] forum is no concern here. Their staff is more than capable of dealing with situations like this.

As Gib pointed out, and as is stated in the rules, if there is a problem, you bring it up with an administrator: Clay, JuiceZ or MikeC and they will take any steps necessary. As far as I can tell, while it appears people were ripped off at [H], searching through this forum shows no indication of any deceptive practice. Again, the only concerns of traders on this forum will be what goes on specifically here.

Any more discussion about this situation will be dealt with by said admins. End of story.

Ummmm, I'm sorry, and if you ban me for saying this, so be it. I'm an admin on fhgamer.com and mod in the forums there and am finding your attitude disturbing to say the least. This is a user posting a FAIR warning that is SHOWN to be true, and your threatening to "deal" with us for discussing it? I've read the rules here and they don't differ greatly from ours, but this REALLY looks bad for you to be acting this way when the person who posted the warning is doing YOUR users a service here and warning them of a deceptive and sneaky individual. The least you could do is thank him and not treat him like he's the trouble maker. Maybe you should worry about the thief in question more, basing your opinions of people on how they act on THIS forum only is TERRIBLY shortsighted of you and not properly protective over your LEGITIMATE members here.

Ban me, delete this post, do as you will, I'm posting a copy of this over in our forums too so the truth is known and seen and not swept under the rug for who knows WHAT reason your doing this. People NEED to be warned of bad traders, and just telling you or another admin does NOT accomplish that at all because the last time a warning about her was posted, the thread got locked.

Kickus_assius
04-19-05, 01:33 AM
Hey this is not exclusive to hardforums. I was one of the people who got screwed by her, luckily getting my money back, but only because her mother had some decency. I think it's important to report trolls so people in pending deals will have fair warning to back out. The scary thing is that she acted like a legit trader. Good thing I refused to cross-ship, that was good thinking on my part.

moshpit
04-19-05, 01:44 AM
Posted in my forums. Links provided to here and to [H]'s forums where this happened. RESPONSABLE mods do THIS kind of thing. Not make the victims feel like thier troublemakers. Saturnotaku, I hope you do the right thing here. I've respected your opinion on stuff since 2002 and would hate to lose my respect for you because you defended a PROVEN thief, whether she did it here or on other sites.

Bad traders should be blacklisted across as many sites as have honor, which DOES require caring about what happens on other forums then your own. I know Nvnews and HardOCP have ties as do many other hardware sites, and I STRONLY feel that a trader blacklist should be passed between the sites that have a trade section as a measure of protection for thier users. This isn't the first time a bad trader has shown thier a$$ on one site, and still been able to get away with it on other sites because those other sites won't acknowledge the OBVIOUS proof of it because the proof is on another sites forum.

Well, we shall see if I get this thread locked or myself banned, I'll let the rest of you who have been victimized by this thief know about it quickly by your provided emails in your profiles. If either of the above happen, have no fear, this WILL go around all the other forums fast.

Clay
04-19-05, 02:04 AM
I think all that Saturnotaku is trying to say is that there are thousands and thousands of people out on the net that will swindle, steal, etc...not exactly a news flash.

To suggest that anyone here is trying to "protect" this person must only be looking at this from just their perspective. I'm surprised anyone would even give that a second thought. It's not like "protecting" an apparent thief would make a lick of sense for any of the mods here to participate in. I really don't understand that line of thinking at all. I think some of you might be missing the point or understand/appreciate the matter of principle at hand.

We just want to keep the forum here and its threads as streamlined and relevant as possible. Our primary concern is for our membership here at nV News and to address any problems that may arise here.

As Saturnotaku said, threads like this could easily overrun everything else. Maybe we could create a sticky thread in this For Sale/Trade forum where people could post a heads up about known people to avoid. That way, we wouldn't have multiple threads essentially about the same thing.

If there are multiple threads about any topic it gets annoying and hard to manage fast, the exact same thing applies here. That's really all there is to it.

The mods here address and work with issues that come up here from time to time (basically all transactions go off without a hitch). I've worked with more than a few members via PMs and email in the past month or so to help ensure that whatever problem that came up is remedied as soon as possible.

Also, please spare the melodrama about banning and whatnot. Nothing said by anyone here in this thread even remotely warrants banning.

moshpit
04-19-05, 02:13 AM
okay, fair enough. But truthfully, it DOES look bad when he threatens to "deal" with us for discussing it. And that DOES rate the fear of banning, sorry, but that's just obvious.

moshpit
04-19-05, 02:17 AM
Look, no melo-drama intended, I'm VERY protective of my users on fhgamer's forums and guess I expect that outta most other mods too. And it DID look bad for him to only comment on what WE were doing that somehow broke rules, which I'm still having problems finding anything in them that says TRUTHFUL warnings to other users are not tolerated.

Clay
04-19-05, 02:18 AM
okay, fair enough. But truthfully, it DOES look bad when he threatens to "deal" with us for discussing it. And that DOES rate the fear of banning, sorry, but that's just obvious.Cool. However, I think you're reading something into what Saturnotaku said that simply isn't there. He never "threatened" anyone. :confused:

What happened in the [H] forum is no concern here. Their staff is more than capable of dealing with situations like this.He's clearly talking about the staff at [H] being able to deal with their own issues.

Any more discussion about this situation will be dealt with by said admins. End of story.Again, how is this "threatening"? And to whom would it even be a "threat" to? I'm really confused. He's simply saying that the mods here will deal (and always do deal) with situations like this. He was just trying to wind this thread down. Again, what makes much more sense is to have a sticky for people to share these warnings with and not start multiple threads on the same topic. :cool:

Clay
04-19-05, 02:28 AM
There is now this stickied thread (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49396) that should resolve this matter in the future while keeping it all organized and concise into a single thread.