PDA

View Full Version : 1 Quad, 300/525 to 2 Quad, 450/675 ... $121, WOW...

ragejg
04-18-05, 10:31 PM
I became poor... really really poor, and I had to sell my 6800...

/cries

So I thought, well, I can either jump back to nv3x, or maybe get a lowend 6 series...

I did my homework, and found the right card, a Leadtek 6200 AGP 128mb 128 bit...

Got it, had GART issues, gave it to a friend, let him try it out, and he had fun with it in 1 quad form, getting 4k in '03 with a 2.2ghz XP rig... and he only went to 350/650...

So I get it back, and immediately unlock it.. then I start playing with clock speeds... right now I'm safely at 450/675... the memwon't do any more at all, but the core did pass @ 480... the crap cooler might just need to be replaced by something copper, and some AS5...

I don't have benchies done yet, but after playing Doom3 and HL2 DM, I must say I'm VERY impressed that a $121 card can perform this well... after I re-oc my system (I've had some stability issues I need to fix, it might be my Winchester core's mem controller) I'll run some benchies, but I'm expecting scores very near 6600GT levels, and at the price I bought it for, I'd have to consider the AGP nv43 to be a complete hit in my book. Wow, this definitely blows any nv3x or R3xx out of the water, in performance by a little bit and in value by a mile...

:D

It's good to be back btw, I've had a rough past few weeks and I've missed all my nvnews cohorts. ;)

Gentle
04-19-05, 10:03 AM
I've been saying all along the NV43 is a wonderful chip.

The 6600GT, 6600, 6200 are all great performers.

The 6200 has terrific unlocking and overclocking potential. (Just don't get the TurboCache PCIe one.)

Gentle

ragejg
04-19-05, 10:27 AM
I ran '03 and got 62xx, not too shabby at all... I have a feeling I can touch 7k though, but I don't know if I'll waste my time, because the benifits of this card are best seen while actually gaming.

A big thumbsup goes to Leadtek for making a fine card with great overclocking potential, a solid PCB, high quality memory, and a very attractive price.

ragejg
04-19-05, 10:29 AM
BTW my 20" monitor died and I'm down to my 17" KDS/eMachines, so I guess that's why I'm happier with 10x7 and 1152x864 gaming for now... When I get a better monitor I'll probably start yearning for the higher resolutions again, but in the meantime, this card works A-ok... :)

ragejg
04-24-05, 02:31 PM
Believe it or not, Doom3 is very playable at high quality (even using the tertsi IQ hack) @ 12x10, 0x/8x... this card definitely has muscle, much more than any nv3x... :)

JoKeRr
04-24-05, 05:11 PM
too bad I can't find a card like this in Canada yet... anyway, when you're ready to get rid of this card, plz let me know. Still waiting on your MO, US mailing is soooo slow...

superklye
04-24-05, 05:26 PM
I became poor... really really poor, and I had to sell my 6800...

/cries

So I thought, well, I can either jump back to nv3x, or maybe get a lowend 6 series...

I did my homework, and found the right card, a Leadtek 6200 AGP 128mb 128 bit...

Got it, had GART issues, gave it to a friend, let him try it out, and he had fun with it in 1 quad form, getting 4k in '03 with a 2.2ghz XP rig... and he only went to 350/650...

So I get it back, and immediately unlock it.. then I start playing with clock speeds... right now I'm safely at 450/675... the memwon't do any more at all, but the core did pass @ 480... the crap cooler might just need to be replaced by something copper, and some AS5...

I don't have benchies done yet, but after playing Doom3 and HL2 DM, I must say I'm VERY impressed that a $121 card can perform this well... after I re-oc my system (I've had some stability issues I need to fix, it might be my Winchester core's mem controller) I'll run some benchies, but I'm expecting scores very near 6600GT levels, and at the price I bought it for, I'd have to consider the AGP nv43 to be a complete hit in my book. Wow, this definitely blows any nv3x or R3xx out of the water, in performance by a little bit and in value by a mile...

:D

It's good to be back btw, I've had a rough past few weeks and I've missed all my nvnews cohorts. ;)
Glad you're back and glad you're having such good luck with the new card. :)