PDA

View Full Version : $10 for a copy of Audigy 2ZS drivers/software discs

lytalbayre
04-19-05, 10:38 AM
I bought this card off of ebay and it didn't come with the original software and drivers discs (I think there are 4).

Anyhow, creative wants $10 for them to ship these to me... and instead, I'd rather pay $10 to one of you guys for a copy of your original discs.

I need the original discs because all creative has for download (at least as far as software is concerned) is "updates" for which you need to have the original software previously installed.

If your interested in helping me out, please PM me.

Thanks all.

Edge
04-19-05, 10:46 AM
Hmm, would the software discs that come with the Audigy 2 non-ZS work? If so I can make copies of those CDs or just make CD images of them and send them over the internet to you (free of charge, if you want).

lytalbayre
04-19-05, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the offer... but it's a matter of me wanting the appropriate software to work with this card vs. just having something that works. Specifically audio HQ and the surround mixer.....

Anyhow, again, totally appreciate your offer.

Later.

dpagan
04-19-05, 12:16 PM
I might be wrong, but does it really matter what version of Audigy2 you have? Doesn't the software detect which hardware is installed and then it installs the appropriate driver? I believe Edge's CD's might work. If not i just purchased a Audigy2 value that has all the software including the surround mixer.

lytalbayre
04-19-05, 01:18 PM
I could be wrong... but I think the 2zs software has features for that specific card. Audigy 2 software (I think) will not have these features.

The program name could be the same, but the features do change.

Thanks again to all for your input.

[AK]Zip
04-19-05, 01:29 PM
So you need 3 cd's total? Or just the 1 with the driver and all the tweaks? If its just the 1 I can help you out. If its all 3 sorry, but I threw the other 2 away they are worthless, but my friend might be able to help you if he still has his other 2. PM me.

eCL|PSe
04-19-05, 04:08 PM
I have all the Audigy 2 zs discs that came with my platinum. If you want em ill help you out.

nforcegamer
04-23-05, 09:45 PM
If you want all 3 I will copy them and send them to you for free. What is the point for $10 heck If creative cannot help out a customer even if you bought the card on ebay. Good customer service they should have sent them to you for free.

Let me know

lytalbayre
04-23-05, 10:04 PM
Thanks all for your support here. I'm getting 1 cd with drivers and tweaks on Monday. If I need the other cds, I will gladly IM you guys.

Thanks again!!

einstein_314
04-23-05, 10:29 PM
There's only really the one cd that has anything worthwhile on it. It has the drivers and applications on it. There were 2 other discs as well. The Feature showcase demonstration CD which has just a bunch things showing the different features of the card and a DVD-audio sample disc which had, oddly enough, dvd-audio on it. Then there was also the games I guess. It came with tomb raider, cough cough, and motogp. I never installed either of them. So if you got the driver's cd, that should be all you need.

Rakeesh
04-23-05, 11:40 PM
Creative doesn't allow you to download full driver sets anymore? How lame.