PDA

View Full Version : Remedy to Unveil New Game at E3

jAkUp
04-19-05, 07:40 PM
Max Payne 3??

Much like they did with Half-Life 2 at the two previous Electronic Entertainment Expos, PC graphics chip maker ATI plans to have two special demo theaters at this year's E3, this time showcasing new games from Take Two Interactive and Max Payne creators Remedy.

The theaters will each have 20 minutes for demoing each game, according to a press note promoting the event. At the moment, there is no further word on what games will be shown at the ATI Take Two or Remedy demo booths.

saturnotaku
04-19-05, 07:42 PM
We can only hope. /crosses fingers

0rk.p0rk
04-19-05, 07:47 PM
Pfft. I'm still waiting for AvP3.

einstein_314
04-19-05, 09:29 PM
Max Payne 3??

Ooh, ooh. Yes. That would be amazing. Aww. That would make my day.

NAZCA M12
04-19-05, 09:32 PM
Mmm, i wouldn't bet on MP3 to be honest, though i'd love to see it. Following Max Payne 2 not selling as they expected (and lots of bashing on the game being very short and all that), i remember a guy, i think he was speaking on behalf of the publishers or sth, that the next Max Payne would take a loooong time to come and it would probably not be made by Remedy. Can't remember where i read that unfortunately, but of course it could be bs or the situation might be changed. Anyway, i'd love to see a third installment, by Remedy as long as they don't **** up again with the game's length.

Banko
04-19-05, 09:34 PM
Max Payne license doesn't belong to Remedy anymore.

Gabrobot
04-19-05, 09:58 PM
I wonder if the Take Two booth is for Prey...

jAkUp
04-19-05, 10:55 PM
Max Payne doesn't belong to Remedy anymore??!! Damn :( I didn't know that

Subtestube
04-19-05, 11:00 PM
Personally, I'd be stoked if it were Max Payne 3 (despite people here saying it doesn't belong to Remedy any more). Yeah, MP2 might've been short, but what a ride! I loved it, despite it not being a long game, and having played through it on every difficulty, I'd be pleased with another game that was just as short, so long as the quality was just as high throughout.

jAkUp
04-19-05, 11:02 PM
Yes, Max Payne 2 was awesome, still one of my favorite games of all time.

wshadow
04-19-05, 11:08 PM
Hope i get to play Stalker again this year, Maybe it will be a every year thing at E3, they will change the engine each year:P LOL

nutcrackr
04-19-05, 11:33 PM
Max Payne 2 was a gem, but yes I've heard Remedy are no longer working on Max Payne games. :(

einstein_314
04-20-05, 12:40 AM
What? Max payne isn't at remedy any more? When did that happen? oh, well. I guess we can only hope for it then. I wonder what else it could be?

jAkUp
04-20-05, 12:44 AM
Yea I didn't know it did not belong to Remedy anymore either.... remember at the ending credits for Max Payne 2? It said... Max Payne will return.. or something like that :)

einstein_314
04-20-05, 12:47 AM
Yea I didn't know it did not belong to Remedy anymore either.... remember at the ending credits for Max Payne 2? It said... Max Payne will return.. or something like that :)

Yes, I remember that. I always watch a games credits to the end because there is often something at the very end. Max Payne 2 had something about Max Payne 3. Like "To be continued..." or something like that.

sytaylor
04-20-05, 02:24 AM
MP2 was based on the MP1 engine just souped up somewhat. MP3 would require a whole new engine, so I'd suprised if this was Max Payne 3. It could be something totally new, or it could be MP3 with a new engine slated for "mid 2006" which becomes "mid 2008"...

BioHazZarD
04-20-05, 04:27 AM
oh that would be sweet a new max payne game.

Subtestube
04-20-05, 05:55 AM
As I recall it said "Max Payne's journey through the night will Continue". For those who've played it through on hard, I wonder which ending they'd use if it were MP3. Still, if the property isn't Remedy any more, and MP3 is going to have an entirely new engine, I guess we may be waiting quite some time for the remainder of this journey.

NAZCA M12
04-20-05, 07:22 PM
I wonder if the Take Two booth is for Prey...

Bingo! (http://eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=58705) One to go :D

EDIT: I guess we now know a bit more about the situation with DNF as well. If they use D3's engine with that game, chances are they'll change engines for DNF again (a typical procedure for them np :p ), which will mean another year more or less to get the hang of it, plus at least one more year to rebuild the maps and stuff, i think we're looking good for a '07-'08 release :angel:

GamerGuyX
04-21-05, 03:12 PM
Remedy to show off new game at ATI's booth at E3. Also it has been confirmed that its not Max Payne 3.

LINK (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/04/21/news_6122709.html)

nutcrackr
04-21-05, 05:56 PM
Wonder if it will include bullet time and the awesome writing by Sam Lake.