PDA

View Full Version : SOE Truly ****** Up!

Pages : [1] 2 3

|MaguS|
04-20-05, 08:37 AM
I know there are alot of EQ2/SOE haters out there but I never had an issue and loved EQ2 since the day I started playing but the new service they will be adding in June is truly a smack in the face to all thier honest players.

They will be creating a new server that will allow players to sell characters, items and ingame currency for real cash, basically they will allow other players to do what they have been doing through 3rd parties through them, they gain a small percentage of your sales... Now sure this is on a new server but heres the kicker... if the demand on an excisting server is strong enough they will open the system on an excisting server...

WTF, SOE couldn't fight IGE,Ebay and PlayerAuctions so insted its moderating it ingame now through allowing it? What bull****.... I will continue player untill this affects my server but once it does im gone, **** this crap.

http://stationexchange.station.sony.com/

Just to clear things up, Im pissed that they would sink so low to allow what they have been fighting for so long on a special server as long as they are the mediators. Now SOE will NOT be selling things themselves, they just make sure no one gets screwed over (buy an account online and then a week later the guy reclaims it). Its good that they are protecting thier customers but its just ****ty that after so long of saying "This is wrong and we cannot allow it!" now they changed thier point of view to "This is allowed as long as its on THIS server and the transaction goes through ME... and I get part of the profit".

This is not going to the current servers as of yet but considering how they lied out of the asses and said that they had polls running (where?!?!?!) and people wanted it, they gave it to them on NEW SERVERS.

Soon as it hits Mistmoore my account is canceled and my special edition is going in the trash, I wont even give them the chance to profit off my account...

ChrisRay
04-20-05, 08:48 AM
I can honestly say I am not thrilled about this at all either. People with high dollars IRL should not excel to be better at a video game than those without. It doesnt make sense.

Ghosthunter
04-20-05, 08:52 AM
I dont trust anything SOE says anymore.

For one they lied about frogloks the entire time they knew there was no existing quest to unlock them.

Two they are changing the combat system

And now the station exchange? This is an all time low and will set a precedent for all other mmorpg. Yes UO did it too, but it not the same thing as one of the biggest MMORPG developers doing it.

i am still enjoying EQ2, only reason I am still playing.

Here is an example how it will effect, is when Master spells drop now people who might have put them on the broker, will now have an option to sell for cash. While they could have done it before, many people could not be hassled now they make it so easy why not they figure.

Ninjaman09
04-20-05, 08:54 AM
Makes sense to me. "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em". Smart move on Sony's part. And besides, if some idiot had loads of cash to blow on make-believe items in a video game, I say let them waste their money. What difference does it make to your playing atmosphere if some idiot is all decked-out with a bunch of ub3r l33t gear?

The only disturbing this about this is it makes it possible for people to quit their jobs and play EQ2 as a career. Yeesh.

EciDemon
04-20-05, 08:57 AM
Well this just blows!
First they go and ban all accounts connecting to selling coin for real cash and now they want to start this crap by there selves!?
Thats so sad it makes me luagh!

Ghosthunter
04-20-05, 08:58 AM
Makes sense to me. "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em". Smart move on Sony's part. And besides, if some idiot had loads of cash to blow on make-believe items in a video game, I say let them waste their money. What difference does it make to your playing atmosphere if some idiot is all decked-out with a bunch of ub3r l33t gear?

The only disturbing this about this is it makes it possible for people to quit their jobs and play EQ2 as a career. Yeesh.

The main difference to me is, while yes we all know it was impossible to stop 100%, but the way it will be done now will be condoning it.

You only had a few percentage of people who were selling. It might seem like a lot, but in reality most people cannot be bothered because of dealing with scammers, and paying ridiculous prices, and knew it was illegal by Sony standards.

Now when someone gets a great drop like a Master spell..or has lots of plat...and says why not I will just email it to the auctioneer and make some real cash...it just opens up a whole new market.

This is suppose to be a game, not whoever has most IRL can get what they want. I play EQ2 to escape that.

EciDemon
04-20-05, 09:01 AM
The main difference to me is, while yes we all know it was impossible to stop 100%, but the way it will be done now will be condoning it.

You only had a few percentage of people who were selling. It might seem like a lot, but in reality most people cannot be bothered because of dealing with scammers, and paying ridiculous prices, and knew it was illegal by Sony standards.

Now when someone gets a great drop like a Master spell..or has lots of plat...and says why not I will just email it to the auctioneer and make some real cash...it just opens up a whole new market.

This is suppose to be a game, not whoever has most IRL can get what they want. I play EQ2 to escape that.

Amen!
Whats even worse is that soe always seemd conserned about the ingame market, but this could drasticly change that. Just like you say about the master spells ...

ChrisRay
04-20-05, 09:05 AM
It also comes down to the people who buy it. The big issue with me is. If you're capable and have the money your willing to spend. You can be significantly better than those who dont have the money to do it. A game is supposed to be fair to everyone. This gives certain players considerable advantages over others. It also opens up nasty problems with trusting players and loot.

|MaguS|
04-20-05, 09:05 AM
Here is my post on the official forums...

This is crap... I will also be probably going to WoW (haven't bought the game yet so don't know, hehe). I don't care if its only on a specific server, its still giving in to what SOE has been fighting since EQL. I supported SOE ever since I originaly started playing EQL and through EQ2's Beta and even recently when tons of people complain about normal issues but this is PATHETIC. SOE saw how much money IGE, Ebay and PlayerAuctions were making and needed to get in. Now I know my server wont be affected but its just the moral point that SOE would sink to low, while Blizzard may have thier issues they didn't sink to the point of helping people sell items,coin and characters.

I know your a business but your customers should come first, Im pretty sure that more then 80% of the community would not agree on this (seeing by the responses), why wasn't there polls like you claimed? I never once saw anything related to this ANYWHERE yet you claim to have been doing research. Sure you asked EQL people awhile back but that has NOTHING to do with us, YOU yourself said many times that EQ2 and EQL are two different enties yet now you want to introduce something that EQL people didn't mind without asking us.

All you care about is the profit and not out the community, I would love to be proven wrong on this, please do but I dout SOE would ever care about the community that just pays its subcription and only about the ones they can gain extra off...

I will be throwing my SE Game in the trash, I don't want you getting any more profits from my account...

Ghosthunter
04-20-05, 09:13 AM
I have been reading their forums, and I dont think I have seeen so many posts and topics on one subject in a long time in EQ2.

If you look at mjority of people who are posting you can see majoirty of people are against it. What gets me is where was this poll for EQ2? I rememeber that poll for EQ1..but devs always kept telling us EQ2 is not EQ1...doesnt make any sense.

I dont know what I will do if they implement it...really sucks becuase I was having so much fun. But I really think Sony better rethink this they might have a lot of cancelllations based upon the posts on the boards.

Ninjaman09
04-20-05, 09:15 AM
I still don't see what the big deal is. You can just not participate in the selling, which is apparently only gauranteed to be on one server anyway. I don't see any reason to get all up in arms about someone else having tons of great stuff.

You could always play, you know, a GOOD MMORPG. ;)

Ghosthunter
04-20-05, 09:15 AM
oh i forgot this whole banning the botters a week or two ago, where they banned 700 accounts..now makes sense...they doing that so they can get rid of the competition to make money themselves...

sigh

Ninjaman09
04-20-05, 09:16 AM
*gasp* A company wanting to make money? Why, I've never head of such a thing...

|MaguS|
04-20-05, 09:17 AM
You know what bothers me most... they lied about the posts and acceptance in EQ2 what would stop them to lie about a normal server population wanting the exchange system?

Its nota bout making money its about for 5 years disagreeing and fighting this issue and now turning around and accepting it.

Ninjaman09
04-20-05, 09:18 AM
What if they just changed their minds? Like, they said something that was true at the time, but now they don't feel the same way about it. Are you saying they're not allowed to do that?

Ghosthunter
04-20-05, 09:18 AM
You know what bothers me most... they lied about the posts and acceptance in EQ2 what would stop them to lie about a normal server population wanting the exchange system?

exactly,

they lost all their integrity...

how do we not know that sony will creates their own characters and creates their own plat and items to sell....no one will really know for sure.

Ghosthunter
04-20-05, 09:19 AM
What if they just changed their minds? Like, they said something that was true at the time, but now they don't feel the same way about it. Are you saying they're not allowed to do that?

they didnt just change their minds..it is obvious they have been putting a plan together for a while now.

Ninjaman09
04-20-05, 09:51 AM
they didnt just change their minds..it is obvious they have been putting a plan together for a while now.
But you don't know that for sure. All of your criticism and outrage relies completely on speculation. I'm just saying - maybe it's not that big of a deal.

Ghosthunter
04-20-05, 09:55 AM
But you don't know that for sure. All of your criticism and outrage relies completely on speculation. I'm just saying - maybe it's not that big of a deal.

it is going to cause a whole rift not just EQ2 but in all MMORPG

If it is successful, then you will see most of all MMORPG follow the same suit.

It just degrades the game. We are playing a game right?

Ninjaman09
04-20-05, 09:56 AM
Again, you are relying on speculation and slippery slopes here. So again I say - maybe it's not a big deal.

Yes - you are playing a game. How should the way someone else plays theirs affect you? People decked out with l33t gear aren't going to change the way you play, right?

|MaguS|
04-20-05, 10:22 AM
Actually it does affect us, Imagine when normal severs are converted into the new rule set (it will happen, give it time) why would anyone bother to sell items in the ingame market for coin when they can just throw it on the exchange for real cash?Artisians wont bother to sell ingame rather now they can make money off it, spell drops will all go on the market aswell since the high end ones are going for 10gp and higher, why get 10gp when you can get 50 bucks?

It mainly goes down to the economy, it will crumble because people will not see any reason to trade items for coin when they can just sell it for cash.

|MaguS|
04-20-05, 10:24 AM
Take a look at the forum if you can...
http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board?board.id=stex

ChrisRay
04-20-05, 11:00 AM
Look at the kind of people supporting this. Its absolutely amazing. I guess "Cheating" is now ok if you dont have time to play a game. Fine do it an offline game. Dont screw up our economy and ruin it for other players.

What about players that have more IRL time to play the game? This would actually kinda even it out. People that dont play that much do to work or other personal affairs are able to buy and keep up with the rest. I would rather be the person with the time to spend instead of working and then paying for it =)

What about them? If I play warcraft 3 and I come across a more experienced player than me. And I get beaten naturally because they play more. have higher levels, and better team rankings. I dont *$%#&! about it. There are hardcore players in every type of game you play. And they are naturally better at what they do than the non hardcore players. ((The reward is variant on the type of game obviously)). Just because hardcore players have succeeded in more and have greater rewards does not warrant the casual players should just have that handed to them.

And before you imply I am a hardcore player. I'm a college student/hardware reviewer for www.nvnews.net and I have very little spare time to play. I dont have a problem with the people who are level 50 already. They earned that and I certainly wouldnt expect to be able to "buy" my way into level 50 either. There's no reason people should be able to purchase their way into the best gear/equipment because it causes people who do play the game seriously to have to work twice as hard as those who do not. It's not fair grounds at all. You have a choice of how much you get out of your 14.99 a month. If you choose to only play a couple hours a week. You deserve the rewards of a couple hours a week. You are no more entitled to 'Recieve" benefits because you have less time to play than those who do have time to play.

You probably aren't but you cant compare a PvP type game like Warcraft 3 with a non-PvP type game like EQ2. Paying money to get an edge on every player is lame. Thats not the case in EQ2...there is no edge. There is no player competition.

It's not fair grounds at all right now. As it stands, the more time you have, the more of the game you can see. What I am saying is that maybe now at least, some people that really do want to enjoy the game at higher levels are allowed to even if they don't have the time.

The problem that I see with your statement, which I see alot, is that you say "because it causes people who do play the game seriously to have to work twice as hard as those who do not". If you are playing this game and it feels like you are just working to get up to something, then you shouldn't be playing the game. The fun should be gaining levels, finding items, exploring lands, participating and completing quests. The fun shouldn't be "Look at me...I'm 50...I have Uber Sword-1...now what do I do"

I dont think playing video games is for you based on this statement alone. Games are rewarding experience because they require you to grow and become more competant. When you play a boss in Final Fantasy VII and you lose. You get frustrated. But then you go back. Better prepare yourself. Gain some levels. And then come back and succeed. A game is not about having the entire "game" handed to you on a silver platter. No matter the game. The more you play. The more reward you benefit from it. It's stupid or naive to think you can play through a game without be presented with the challenges of the said game and genre. Dont tell me you cheat through every level of warcraft, Doom 3, or Half Life 2. Hell if you do. Thats fine. Because its not affecting anyone but yourself. But these types of changes affect "everyone" and their enjoyment of the game. There is absolutely no reason "you" deserve any more opurtunities than people who are unwilling to pay the extra money.

No offense but cry me a river of salt. If you want to enjoy playing a game with the people who have earned it with time and patience. Then play the game and experience the game from 1 through 50. If you are not prepared to do what every MMORPG has been requiring for the last 8 years then you have no business playing the genre. You argument is I a cop out and you know it. It's like Buying Doom 3 and skipping to the last level just because you dont have time to play it. While that may be all well and good for you. It's not good for the people who earned it. And like it or not this a multiplayer game. What you do here will affect the economy and players around you. And you have no right to cheat the others who are doing their best to enjoy the game to the fullest

Mr. Hunt
04-20-05, 11:56 AM

Agreed. Better for Sony to get in and make it "legit" since it will be done no matter what... they might as well get some money out of it also.

|MaguS|
04-20-05, 12:05 PM
But SOE doing it on a select server doesn't stop the other people from doing it on the other servers... and when it does come to the other servers it will hurt the game economy and all the people who don't have real money to throw into a game. There is no reason to have ingame currency if this goes in since no one would really care to sell a good item for useless ingame currency when he can make real money off it, same goes for crafters... Why craft for ingame currency when you can make real cash?

Its destroying the actual gameplay of the game, it stops people from working and earning thier status and allows the riches man to profit, not the most skilled... well I guess this is the american way though...

Guess my MMORPG days are through...