PDA

View Full Version : Swat 4

zoomy942
04-20-05, 02:59 PM
okay, this game rocks. at my lan parties we have officially replaced call of duty and counterstrike source with swat 4 (and silent hunter III)

my question, does anyone play at 1280x1024 and get low frames per second sometimes? majority of the time its fine, but sometimes it slows down. i figured its a game engine thing, but hey maybe i need to get a better pc! :)

jAkUp
04-20-05, 03:07 PM
yews this game is awesome

I play at 1600x1200 2x/4x and i get slow downs sometimes to like 25fps, this game also does not work right with sli yet.

zoomy942
04-20-05, 03:16 PM
awesome. i figured it was a game engine thing. all those video options in the game are ripe for a 6800 of some sort, so i didnt think it was that.

i cant get over how much fun this game is. its like Rainbow Six (the older ones.. the newer ones suck) but it has so much more depth!

stncttr908
04-20-05, 03:18 PM
Just a note if anyone happens to run an ATI card, I have to have V-Sync enabled for AA to work, just like in SW:Republic Commando. This is probably due to them both using the same engine, heh.

Bad_Boy
04-20-05, 05:36 PM
absolutely great game, only thing i dont like is the walk/run speed. but i guess after about 30 mins of playing you get into it and dont notice.

zoomy942
04-22-05, 01:54 PM
okay... i am on the hospital level...

WHAT THA HECK DOES THAT DARNED BRIEFCASE LOOK LIKE?

i have looked everywhere

Roliath
04-22-05, 02:04 PM
man, i've recently been getting some Critical Error's that will not allow me to play the damn game!
I've tried at stock speed and overclocked speeds (prime95 stable for 8hrs, and memtest shows no errors on ram). I was told to delete the swat4.ini file and that the game would create another one, but i still get these crashes. I've tried a reinstall, and still get these errors.

It's sucks cuz I like playing this game! Any ideas?

six_storm
04-22-05, 03:04 PM
Ok, not to change the subject but I was considering buying this game or Chaos Theory. Which one would you buy?

zoomy942
04-22-05, 04:13 PM
THIS ONE.

but then again.. i'm not a fan of the third person type games...

LiquidX
04-22-05, 05:05 PM
I am kind of suprised Swat 4 turned out to be as good as it is because after playing the demo and really not likeing the MP at all I had very low expectations for the full game. They made some great improvements namely the speed and feel which now seems spot on. Walking no longer feels like a chore. Moreover the maps are great and some damn creep like the one with the freaks who buried there kids in their basement. They all have a unique and atmospheric feel to them that just draws you in like your a part of it IMO.

I have a couple gripes but this one stands out and its with the multiplayer interface which is horrible and needs to be fixed with a patch soon. For one you cant even save favorites and it seems every counrty is listed with no identification so some ping very badly because people have no idea there playing on a server half way around the world. :mad:

Overall though this game ranks very high with me and I would recommend it to anyone and not just tactical shooter fans. It really is the best COOP I have ever played online. Also dont go by the demo if you didnt like it because if I did I would have never bought this game.

Yuet
04-22-05, 07:45 PM
Ok, not to change the subject but I was considering buying this game or Chaos Theory. Which one would you buy?

I bought both :D

six_storm
04-22-05, 08:32 PM
Turns out I went ahead and bought Chaos Theory . . . for $30! CompUSA had it on sale this week. About to install it.

zoomy942
04-23-05, 02:51 PM
but what about that dang breifcase?

zoomy942
04-24-05, 01:41 PM
okay, i tried some things to see if i could help the low FPS. once thing i noticed.. when i disable the eax and 3d sound in the ini file, things are a little smoother, but what really helped was taking out my audigy 2. the nvidia sound is much smoother. but before i feed my audigy to the fishes.. i am gonna do som FRAPPING to make sure the fps are indeed better, or it's just me wanting them to be:)

and that briefcase? any help?