PDA

View Full Version : PCGAMER preview prey and

Pages : [1] 2 3

DJMONDY
04-21-05, 03:22 AM
Were shown DUKE NUKEM FOREVER :eek: :eek: :eek:

Has anyone here got their copy of the june pcgamer yet??

Its been posted at 3drealms froums and some lucky people have had their copy's of the mag early.

Until i get my copy ive got no reason not to believe this great news.

1337_Like_ThaT
04-21-05, 03:32 AM
OMFG!!!!!!!!11111 it can't be....it just cant :eek: I wont believe till I see it with my own eyes :)

DJMONDY
04-21-05, 03:58 AM
How come you did show DNF to them ?

George broussard said: Because, why not? They made a trip here to see Prey, so it seemed logical to give them a sneak peek of DNF.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

nutcrackr
04-21-05, 05:14 AM
We saw DNF in 2001 too, this means nothing, in fact we had a bink video back then so this means less than nothing ;)
Unless they have pics :eek:

FraGTastiK
04-21-05, 05:50 AM
Now there are three games that I know using DooM iii engine.Prey,Quake 4 and Abducted havnt heard new info on Abducted lately.Any one know other games using D3 engine?

jolle
04-21-05, 06:18 AM
nope, its called Starbreeze engine.. its their own creation..
but it looks very similar.

FraGTastiK
04-21-05, 06:52 AM
nope, its called Starbreeze engine.. its their own creation..
but it looks very similar.

Damn similar,I just cant help but thinking there should have been some kinda connection between starbreeze and id software,you know in form of taking inspirations,technical consult etc.I could be wrong tho.

Does anybody know if Carmack has ever commented on Starbreeze engine?
that would be VERY interesting to hear,read.

DJMONDY
04-21-05, 07:06 AM
ITS ALL TRUE!!!!!

Scans have been posted and i have to say prey looks stunning and they did see a demo of duke nukem forever and they say "DNF is up and running and in very fine form indeed".

This is a great day :D :D :D

wEEt
04-21-05, 07:29 AM
I doubt this is true. :thumbdwn:

vampireuk
04-21-05, 07:30 AM
Who cares

DJMONDY
04-21-05, 07:54 AM
Who cares

I do :)

Its all true. Im looking at the scans on my screen right now.

I dont care if you believe me or not, why would you.

|MaguS|
04-21-05, 07:55 AM
Why don't you post a link? Kinda selfish isn't it?

BioHazZarD
04-21-05, 07:56 AM
would be fun if true

DJMONDY
04-21-05, 08:00 AM
Go to 3drealms forums and see for yourself.

Ill get banned if i post the link.

Ninjaman09
04-21-05, 08:11 AM
Why the hell would you get banned for posting magazine scan links? People post them all the time. :wtf:

Also I can't find the scans anywhere on those forums.

DJMONDY
04-21-05, 08:21 AM
Dammit they've been removed.

You should have looked there earlier.

Seoulstriker
04-21-05, 08:33 AM
Dammit they've been removed.

You should have looked there earlier.

lolololol.

STFU.

jolle
04-21-05, 08:39 AM
Why the hell would you get banned for posting magazine scan links? People post them all the time. :wtf:

Also I can't find the scans anywhere on those forums.

Its illegal, so there is a chance you might get banned for it I guess..
Only frontpage scans are legal I think, not actual article scans.

DJMONDY
04-21-05, 08:50 AM
I could post the front page.

If im given permission i will :)

vX
04-21-05, 09:55 AM
Yay, new shots of DNF and people get excited. Ugh..no one learns. =P They hyped up picks a few years ago and we still haven't seen the game. I honestly don't know why the game is still under development, after...what.. 7 or 8 years of development, is there any possible way they can make a profit off this thing? I mean think about it. How can you continue to invest money into something for 8 years with no return and then make a profit off it's release, I don't think it can sell enough copies to justify the horrible development.

|JuiceZ|
04-21-05, 10:14 AM
Yay, new shots of DNF and people get excited. Ugh..no one learns. =P They hyped up picks a few years ago and we still haven't seen the game. I honestly don't know why the game is still under development, after...what.. 7 or 8 years of development, is there any possible way they can make a profit off this thing? I mean think about it. How can you continue to invest money into something for 8 years with no return and then make a profit off it's release, I don't think it can sell enough copies to justify the horrible development.

Exactly...

DNF = :rolleyes2

DJMONDY
04-21-05, 11:28 AM
jAKUp gave me permission so here's the front page :)

Now do you believe me?

vX
04-21-05, 11:35 AM
It's not that we don't believe you, we just don;t care. 3Drelams doesn't fill me up with re-assurance, especially when they show us a game called prey using the d3 engine, yet still haven't released DNF. How about finishing development on one game, before you start and then continually delay another. That cover looks awesome, but the thing is, that game will probably never make it out, and if it does, it will be using the d4 engine. See my point?

|MaguS|
04-21-05, 12:10 PM
DNF is being developed by 3DR, Prey is being developed by another developer with 3DR being the controlling factor. This is done by many developers, Blizzard did it with SC Ghost, Lucas Arts with SWG, Valve with CS:CZ and the mighty ID with Quake 4.

As for Duke Nukem Forever, Im hyped... have been and will always be. 3DR is a great developer, slow but they have yet to really let me down. I find it better that they are not giving a date and are taking thier time rather then going out and showing shot after shot, then claim to delay it to get more development time. Closed Development of games is the best form, look how well HL2 progressed while closed, once it was shown off all hell broke loose... it would have been better to wait untill complete then show it off and release it acouple months later.

jbirney
04-21-05, 12:16 PM
Duke3D and Shadow were two games I really enjoyed played, but after soo many false hopes, I will no longer care till the day I see it on the selves.