PDA

View Full Version : Doom3: ROE issue?

$n][pErMan
04-21-05, 09:05 PM
Was not sure where to put this as im not sure of the cause yet. But whenever I save a game either normally or by quick save in ROE my screen will go blank and I have to Alt-Ctrl-Del the game to get my screen back. Extremely annoying. Was curious if anyone else had this problem and found a way to fix it. Im currently using the XG 71.89's and my specs as always are in my sig. Thanks! :)

rflair
04-22-05, 04:40 PM
You said in another thread your cpu isn't prime95 stable, have you tried lowering your overclock to see if it remedies the problem.

$n][pErMan
04-22-05, 06:56 PM
This has nothing to do with the OC im pretty sure and here is why (not to mention I did get it Prime stable on FPU test but not memory). Doom 3 now does it too after the 1.2 patch thats required for ROE so its gotta be patch related somehow as this never even happened in doom before. Here is what I have narrowed it down too.... It also does this when I take a screenshot. So now, the game DOES save.. however I think it goes blank at the part where its taking the screenshop for the saved game spot as it does the same exact thing as when trying to take an ingame screenshot. Is there a way to save without it taking a screenshot or do you have an idea of what it could be? BTW... my doom3 is a legit copy I bought as is ROE so thats not an issue :) This is just getting very annoying as everytime I save I have to use the console (blindly) and type quit and restart the game :mad: :( Im hoping as there is a work around so I dont have to mess around with drivers (as that could be an issue maybe too).

$n][pErMan
04-22-05, 11:18 PM
*Update*
Apperently its a Driver issue with 7x series (no surprise) when the VIA fixed is used. I have no idea why.. but this is the case. The game works on XG 71.89 without VIA fix and with it it will give a blank screen when you try to save or take an ingame screenshot. So in honor of once again another POS driver set from nvidia im back to my trusty XG 67.66a's and running the game just fine :) Hope this helps anyone else who has this problem.