PDA

View Full Version : Need help making memtest86 boot disk

dpagan
04-22-05, 09:12 AM
I have tried making a boot disk (zip disk) and or CD-ROM, and i have had no luck whatsoever. Can anyone that has done one before, post a guide to creating a boot floppy and cd-rom? A good guide, thnanks.

Gnu_Raiz
04-22-05, 10:17 AM
I would try this site for the plus version, and follow the dowload link.
http://www.memtest.org/#downiso

Just unzip, gunzip your version, and follow the readme, then reboot with the floppy, or iso version. Should start the test, and then configure your tests to what you like.

Gnu_Raiz

dpagan
04-22-05, 10:35 AM
I've tried it, but somehow it doesn't work. Once all files are unzipped do i just copy all onto a floppy? Or is it just certain ones?

superklye
04-22-05, 07:22 PM
Get the Ultimate Boot CD. It's got Memtest86, Memtest86+ and like 30 other programs on it.

nVestor
04-22-05, 10:21 PM
I've tried it, but somehow it doesn't work. Once all files are unzipped do i just copy all onto a floppy? Or is it just certain ones?
Ummm... sucks no one helped ya. :thumbdwn:

Once you unzip the file, you run the .bat batch file if you have a formatted floppy in the drive. Follow the on screen directions and it will create the disk for ya. Leave it in the machine an reboot. Ofcourse, this is clearly stated in the Readme.txt located in the archive. :lol: