PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between XTreme-G 76.50-HD and Forceware

michaelj
04-23-05, 08:40 AM
Can you tell me what is the difference between XTreme-G 76.50-HD and forceware driver 76.50 original?

wEEt
04-23-05, 09:12 AM
Yeah, XG is full of useless **** and the original one isn't :rolleyes:

|MaguS|
04-23-05, 09:21 AM
You know, They never really say... They just claim improvements, never really is a comparison is made... I too would like to see a side to side comparison of these "High Detail" drivers...

$n][pErMan
04-23-05, 11:44 AM
They do alot of disabling of filters that sacrifice IQ for performance and enable better ones that are not on by defualt (I htink they do that alot of times). I think they also create profiles for games that activate automatically and stuff and tweak certain things like that. Im not terribly sure.... but I've been using thier drivers for sometime now and have no complaints. Generally performance is great and while its always hard to notice IQ changes... using thier drivers generally makes some games look more "Crisp" and clear. :) I was using the XG 71.89-HD's untill I got doom3 RoE and went back to my XG67.66a's because of the VIA issue workaround that hates doom.... after I beat that... I'll be going back to the XG71.89-HD again. They are good sets of drivers... give em a try. You got nothing to lose from it. If you don't like them.. just uninstall them :p

j0j081
04-25-05, 02:45 AM
I do notice most games appear sharper and I have a terrible time judging IQ.

Peoples-Agent
04-25-05, 06:27 AM
I got to say, I get better frame rates using the XG drivers and notice no difference in IQ .....so proof is in the pudding.

mrdak
04-25-05, 08:40 AM
http://www.tweaksrus.com/

You should go over to their site and ask Jrd1st in person....He tweaks the XG's, and is a really nice dude. Personally, I can't think of anything useless about what he's doin to improve these drivers. They test the tweaks quite a bit before they offer them up. Run the plain nvidia's on high quality, and then remove them properly and run the same games with the XGHD on high quality, and if you can't see the difference in image quality. you're doin somethin wrong. The slightly lower framerate is worth it IMHO. :D