PDA

View Full Version : Single player Pariah demo hosted here. Only PMs for now though.

Pages : [1] 2

raystone57
04-23-05, 11:05 AM
PM me for the link to the sp demo. I don't want the link to be posted because I may get pressured into removing the demo before Tuesday. That's when I plan to take it off my site. The Pariah thread was getting so long that maybe not very many saw my post there to PM for the link, so I started this thread.

I can't really stop anyone from posting it. I may get scared if it's posted and remove the demo heh. We'll see how long my little nerves can handle it in the next 3 days. On the other hand even with a public link who would want to DL it in the first place if it's a crummy demo? It's hard for me to judge the demo, you can decide. I'm not really a noob, don't post much at all but I've been around off an on here for almost 3 years. And besides a couple guys said they DLed this demo from my site in less than 10 minutes on their broadband.

raystone57
04-23-05, 05:02 PM
Oh heh, forgot you can just post here if you want it and I'll PM you. So you don't have to PM me first as long as you just ask here for the PM.

SH64
04-23-05, 05:11 PM
If dial-up users are allowed plz PM me.

jAkUp
04-23-05, 05:13 PM
Why not, I'll give it a shot :) How big is the file?

superklye
04-23-05, 05:14 PM
Why not, I'll give it a shot :) How big is the file?
About 300MB of waste.

OWA
04-23-05, 06:16 PM
Thanks for providing the download raystone57. So far it has better than I expected considering some of the comments in the other thread.

Gentle
04-23-05, 06:21 PM
What is the difference between your demo and the one that is available on the internet?

Gentle

jAkUp
04-23-05, 07:24 PM
The one on the net is the multiplayer demo I believe

Darkoz
04-23-05, 11:31 PM
I've found the SP Demo very buggy, with occasional blue screens and lockups after the game is loaded.
Anyone else experience this?........

karkrash81
04-23-05, 11:35 PM
I'm experiencing graphical glitches. When the grenades explode the screen goes gray for a second. I think there's supposed to be some cool wave/distortion instead. tried it on two systems...one with a 6800 gt and the other on my laptop with a 6800go

Darkoz
04-23-05, 11:53 PM
I'm experiencing graphical glitches. When the grenades explode the screen goes gray for a second. I think there's supposed to be some cool wave/distortion instead. tried it on two systems...one with a 6800 gt and the other on my laptop with a 6800go

Yep, had exactly the same issue as well.

Saintster
04-24-05, 02:56 AM
Thanks raystone57. I'm going against the majority and saying that I'm really looking forward to this game. I enjoyed the demo,the game played very well for me personally. I'm into it i think it's going to be a good game. Thanks again!

raystone57
04-24-05, 03:47 AM
The distortion on the screen from some rounds going off looks fine on my Radeon, no gray areas. It's a shiny, ripply distortion like a heat effect and looks pretty good. I tried to take the two best screens of it I could and put them on my other site. Er one of my numerous other sites.

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/Raystone57-pariahdemo_distortion1.jpg

EDIT: btw the gray streak running up in the shot above is smoke from the round hitting the bridge, not a glitch.

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/Raystone57-pariahdemo_distortion2.jpg

--------------------
Asus Radeon X800XT PE no o/c (527/560) agp .. Catalyst 5.2 Ati drivers
P4 3.0e 1mb cache .. Asus P4p800se mobo .. 16x dvd-rw .. Dvd rom
Win XP Home sp1 .. 420 watt RaidMax .. 120 & 40 gb hd
1gb pc3200 ddr400 .. Audigy 1 LS .. Logitech Z-5300 5.1 speakers
Iiyama 450 19" crt.. RoadRunner Cable .. Neatgear router

Edge
04-24-05, 04:29 AM
Oh hey Raystone. Hmm, it seems I didn't give enough PMs out for the link, especially since I thought most people would've gotten it when the site that was linked to from the other thread was still up, heh. Nice fast server too, although I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to try the SP demo out yet. Thanks again ;)

ArturNOW
04-24-05, 08:27 AM
Nice demo, works without any problems. Only background in the menu is solid gray :/

karkrash81
04-24-05, 12:36 PM
Wish I could fix the grenade glitch...I imagine it's pretty cool to see the enemies knocked into the air all over the place...oh well.

I enjoyed the demo, despite the glitch. Graphics are okay...they should have made the water shaders more reflective.

rbej
04-24-05, 02:51 PM
http://img174.echo.cx/img174/9597/pariah2xh.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

raystone57
04-24-05, 03:28 PM
At first I thought those areas like that shot just above looked good but after a third go around I noticed the water isn't that great, the leaves all look the same, and you have to stand back a little too far in some places to get the rock detail in focus. I don't play it anymore but I'll keep the demo up until Tuesday like I said I would.

Here's a fitting tribute from the demo itself to how goofy it can look and act:

http://home.san.rr.com/cyberscoped/sillyfist.mpg

Superfly
04-24-05, 03:47 PM
be warned this so very broken and also VERY short - there's about 1mins gameplay here. lots of effects are missing or broken so please dont base any final impressions on something that IMHO should never have seen the light of day.

I love Pariah from the MP demo and have followed it on www.pariahgame.com since DE announced it, I will post a full review etc from the full version in a couple of weeks when its released.

ArturNOW
04-24-05, 03:51 PM
Game looks good, but there's one major bug with grenades... gray screen, really pissin' off and this beta demo is so short :/

radial
04-24-05, 04:08 PM
I love Pariah from the MP demo and have followed it on www.pariahgame.com since DE announced it, I will post a full review etc from the full version in a couple of weeks when its released.

Yep I also liked the mp demo. But I only played it for an hour or so earlier today, actually i think I saw your name in there, on a UK server I think. I call myself "Hmmm" :p

SH64
04-24-05, 04:31 PM
First of all thanks to raystone for letting me downloading the demo.
it was well worth it!
graphically it looks great ... & for those having glitch with the grenade explosion effect , you are missing a good one ;)
its working fine on my X800 .. i didnt try it on the 6800 yet though.
the gameplay itself is fun & quick . they only thing i hated is no savegame & not even a quick savegame feature :mad: . this is important for me & may become a deciding factor for getting the game or not :p

also i'm glad that i didnt take Superklye's comments as final judgment of the game. at least the SP is great & i like it. i dont care about the MP experiance though because i dont play MP.

stncttr908
04-24-05, 04:46 PM
The water effects are really, really lacking.

SH64
04-24-05, 05:13 PM
Is it just me or the game does not use AA ?

i looked in the Pariah.ini file & found a command which is "UseXboxFSAA" & didnt work as well.

also found some intriguing commands like :
HasNVidiaTexM32Tex=0 (its not enabled for me since i'm using ATi card)
MaxPixelShaderVersion=255 (i wonder if that command can take advantage of SM3.0 ?? )

ATiMan
04-24-05, 09:00 PM
I've found the SP Demo very buggy, with occasional blue screens and lockups after the game is loaded.
Anyone else experience this?........
No lockups with 76.44 but screen goes to black when you are shot or grenaded i dont know if this is normal, i guess not.