PDA

View Full Version : just beat jade empire

oldsk00l
04-23-05, 06:53 PM
Ok, so the game branches...a LOT. So much to where playing it through the second time with a different character it literally, is a different game. So many different things you can try.

Best art I've ever seen too. In the words of Ferris Bueller, "Should you have the means, I HIGHLY recommend picking one up".

Greg
04-23-05, 07:08 PM
Ok, so the game branches...a LOT. So much to where playing it through the second time with a different character it literally, is a different game. So many different things you can try.

Best art I've ever seen too. In the words of Ferris Bueller, "Should you have the means, I HIGHLY recommend picking one up".

That is very interesting, and good to hear. FiringSquad gave the game a lower score, saying the exact opposite "There's just no desire to go back and try things a different way, or to do some optional quests. This is mostly because the "different way" is either very petty or senselessly evil, and the optional quests are very rare."
http://www.firingsquad.com/games/jade_empire_review/

oldsk00l
04-23-05, 07:11 PM
That is very interesting, and good to hear. FiringSquad gave the game a lower score, saying the exact opposite "There's just no desire to go back and try things a different way, or to do some optional quests. This is mostly because the "different way" is either very petty or senselessly evil, and the optional quests are very rare."
http://www.firingsquad.com/games/jade_empire_review/

That's pretty interesting, it's actually not about being "evil" or "good" you just try different things. Story unfolds differently, there are some people you can tell to piss off, when the way you play it the first time they were a major part of the storyline.

For example, you can tell Black Whirlwind to get lost...yet he's a HUGE part of the storyline when you go to the arenas, if you even go to the arenas that is.

Very different paths, and they can intertwine and web up pretty good depending on what you do. There are a few basic things, like Master Li and Two Rivers will always get well, won't say it here, but you know what I mean if you play it ;)

It's really good though. The art is wonderful in this game too.