PDA

View Full Version : Convincing xbox 360 image

Pages : [1] 2

Mr_LoL
04-25-05, 07:16 AM
http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=35512&subsectionid=1586

Looks convincing to me but you never know

saturnotaku
04-25-05, 07:42 AM
I'm pretty sure it won't be concave on the bottom - makes it awfully hard to mount the hardware that way.

oldsk00l
04-25-05, 10:12 AM
plus it's idiotic

MS really wants to be "teh suck" with this one don't they? If that's the final design, that's just the final stroke of it being ATI-powered, enough of a deal breaker for me. It's going to be PS3 most likely for me, but that's only after it's been out for about two years for:

The price to drop

Defining titles to ship.

I really felt rewarded by the route that I took with the xbox in this respect. The thing has been out for years, and by the time I finally bought one some of the best titles to ship in years come out on it. Fable, Halo2, Splinter Cell CT (ontop of the other SC titles), Jade Empire. Had I bought the xbox early on I'd have been stuck with ONE good title and a bunch of CRAP.

Given the complexity of the new platforms, waiting even longer might be a better idea. $10 million bucks is the average budget most studios are plunking down to crank out a "decent" title. We're looking at 4 year cycles for sure with this being the case.

/rant

ST:DS9
04-26-05, 10:30 AM
plus it's idiotic

MS really wants to be "teh suck" with this one don't they? If that's the final design, that's just the final stroke of it being ATI-powered, enough of a deal breaker for me. It's going to be PS3 most likely for me, but that's only after it's been out for about two years for:

The price to drop

Defining titles to ship.

I really felt rewarded by the route that I took with the xbox in this respect. The thing has been out for years, and by the time I finally bought one some of the best titles to ship in years come out on it. Fable, Halo2, Splinter Cell CT (ontop of the other SC titles), Jade Empire. Had I bought the xbox early on I'd have been stuck with ONE good title and a bunch of CRAP.

Given the complexity of the new platforms, waiting even longer might be a better idea. $10 million bucks is the average budget most studios are plunking down to crank out a "decent" title. We're looking at 4 year cycles for sure with this being the case.

/rant

Hate ATI that much?

jAkUp
04-26-05, 11:16 AM
Yes its already been confirmed many times that that is the actual design.. dunno if its gonna be concaved at the bottom though

oldsk00l
04-26-05, 11:18 AM
Hate ATI that much?

Hey my butthole still hurts from being involved in their linux beta testing program.

That's about all I can say on it though.

stncttr908
04-26-05, 12:17 PM
1) Fusion Frenzy
2) Project Gotham Racing
3) Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee

All good titles that came out just after the Xbox's release. :rolleyes:

oldsk00l
04-26-05, 12:36 PM
1) Fusion Frenzy crap
2) Project Gotham Racing crap
3) Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee mega crap

All good titles that came out just after the Xbox's release. :rolleyes:

I'll give you 10 bucks for the set!

Here's your page one.

saturnotaku
04-26-05, 12:40 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: If the outward appearance of a console is going to be a deal-breaker for you, you are an idiot, plain and simple.

You are slightly less of an idiot if you won't buy one because of the graphics chip they decide to use. You are not an idiot if you won't buy one because there won't be any games on it that you think you'd like to play.

Ninjaman09
04-26-05, 12:50 PM
crap
crap
mega crap

I'll give you 10 bucks for the set!

Here's your page one.

I agree with oldsk00l here, those games are terrible. In my opinion the X-Box offers the worst software of any of the "big three" right now, and most of its good games have superior PC versions. I traded mine in a while ago after realizing I barely ever used the thing. I have absolutely zero interest in any future iterations. Bring on PS3 and Revolution, please.

oldsk00l
04-26-05, 01:06 PM
I agree with oldsk00l here, those games are terrible. In my opinion the X-Box offers the worst software of any of the "big three" right now, and most of its good games have superior PC versions. I traded mine in a while ago after realizing I barely ever used the thing. I have absolutely zero interest in any future iterations. Bring on PS3 and Revolution, please.

I dunno, I've been pretty happy with splinter cell, jade empire, and a few others.

However, I am seriously wondering at this point if I should have gone PS2...it largely has the same games, and God of War is one hell of a game too.

stncttr908
04-26-05, 01:26 PM
Oh well, to each his own. I'll have fun with my Xbox 360 this fall. Have fun waiting another year. :thumbsup:

oldsk00l
04-26-05, 02:04 PM
Well, many people said that to me when I refused to buy an xbox originally. In the end, they were the early adopters that got screwed.

I got mine for literally half of what they did, and the software library that I had access to was about 10x the size they did. So, yes, enjoy the PS3/360 early, your pen0s will be so hug3!!!!

I'll give it about two maybe three years.

stncttr908
04-26-05, 02:25 PM
Well, many people said that to me when I refused to buy an xbox originally. In the end, they were the early adopters that got screwed.

I got mine for literally half of what they did, and the software library that I had access to was about 10x the size they did. So, yes, enjoy the PS3/360 early, your pen0s will be so hug3!!!!

I'll give it about two maybe three years.
I got my Xbox in December of 2001 for $300, and I certainly don't feel "screwed" in the least. Then again, I still use the bulky original controller over the Controller S. I think I bought about 5 games when I purchased the system, and I enjoyed every one. A lot of the games I played were not Xbox exclusive, but they did look great and play just fine on it at a time in which a PS2 was also $300.

Maybe you're right. The Xbox doesn't really have any solid exclusive franchises besides Halo. That said, I still consider mine an enjoyable investment, and, barring some great mishap on Microsoft's part, will probably be on the Xbox 360 bandwagon when it's available.

saturnotaku
04-26-05, 02:39 PM
Maybe you're right. The Xbox doesn't really have any solid exclusive franchises besides Halo. That said, I still consider mine an enjoyable investment, and, barring some great mishap on Microsoft's part, will probably be on the Xbox 360 bandwagon when it's available.

I've gotten far more value out of my Xbox than I ever did out of my PS2. The multi-console games that have come out always IMO look better on Xbox. I've really gotten used to the controller S and could never fully adapt to the PS2 one. The PS2, however, does have DVD playing capability right out of the box which is a huge plus.

Still, though, I'll be joining stncttr908 on the Xbox 360 bandwagon. Maybe pick up a PS3 18-24 months later, but meh, can't say I'm terribly excited about it.

Buenamos
04-26-05, 02:52 PM
I hate dumbass fanboys. :mad:

GamerGuyX
04-26-05, 03:22 PM

Early adopters got screwed? What are you talking about? Why because they paid more for the same console as you on release day when you got yours years later? Of course its going to cost early adopters more, it just came out! You honestly expect them to put the price of the Xbox at $150 on launch day and keep it at that price? That doesn't make sense. Really, you could argue that you yourself got screwed. Seeing as how the Xbox's price will drop again sometime eventually.

UDawg
04-26-05, 04:07 PM
I hate dumbass fanboys. :mad:
Is that a general statement or targeted on someone in this thread?

I like times like this when all the gaming companies are trying to attract our money.

For me it will come down to games and usability. How the system looks is not a factor.

PeterJensen
04-26-05, 04:26 PM
I dont get the Xbox hate. I got a xbox and yes i paid allot for it at the release day here in Denmark. But look and behold. My Xbox has a 300GB HD, i got a live set and can play with allot others right on my tv. I can watch movies, play games right from the harddisk. The list goes on. My xbox is a multimedia center, i can even stream movies from my pc.
So if the Xbox2 gives me this and maybe better online gaming im going there.

oldsk00l
04-26-05, 04:48 PM
I like my current xbox too, and it's only my opinion not a fact, that all the early adopters are suckers getting reamed.

I'm sorry that you guys take that to offense, but I really don't care that you ARE offended (whomever actually got offended, anyways). If there is one thing I know about Microsoft, is that buying a product younger than 3 months generally tends to screw you in the ass. Out of the entire xbox library, there are a handful of games that are worth a damn to me. The rest are a bunch of trash.

ralinn
04-26-05, 04:52 PM
I'm confused on how Fusion Frenzy, Project Gotham Racing and Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee are crap when so many people (including me) liked the games. That and Halo, Xbox probably had one of the best releases. It's just a pitty no one gave the Xbox a chance to begin with...

PeterJensen
04-26-05, 04:55 PM
I got allot of good games for my xbox, in fact the game me and my friends enjoy most is a small racing game (i forgot the name) where you drive 4 people on the same screens trying to push the other off a cliff. When i go down to get a game i have at lease 50 games to pick up and they are not all bad, far from.

PeterJensen
04-26-05, 04:57 PM
Also i could call the PS2 games crap...Actualy i will...THEY SUCK DONKEY BALLS...and the look like ****. I dont like the ps2 titles, i hate tekken.

oldsk00l
04-26-05, 04:59 PM
No arguement there, the PS2 imho has even LESS good titles than the xbox. They also just came out.

stncttr908
04-26-05, 05:34 PM
I got allot of good games for my xbox, in fact the game me and my friends enjoy most is a small racing game (i forgot the name) where you drive 4 people on the same screens trying to push the other off a cliff. When i go down to get a game i have at lease 50 games to pick up and they are not all bad, far from.
You are referring to the aforementioned Fusion Frenzy.