PDA

View Full Version : Screen tearing in World of Warcraft in SLI

monkeydust
04-25-05, 10:11 AM
I get some horizontal "lines" when moving in World of Warcraft in SLI mode. When I put it in single card mode, I don't get this. I use whatever the default SLI mode is. If I try the other SLI mode, it always locks up at the login screen. This happens with or without V-Sync enabled.

Is anybody else experiencing this and is there a workaround?

Grestorn
04-25-05, 11:22 AM
I get some horizontal "lines" when moving in World of Warcraft in SLI mode. When I put it in single card mode, I don't get this. I use whatever the default SLI mode is. If I try the other SLI mode, it always locks up at the login screen. This happens with or without V-Sync enabled.

Is anybody else experiencing this and is there a workaround?
Yes, you're right.

The problem is, that VSync doesn't work if the AFR mode is used. SFR, however, works just fine with VSync.

As far as I know there's no workaround. I loath tearing, and I'd be very happy if nVidia could solve that problem somehow.

monkeydust
04-25-05, 12:55 PM
Ok, that makes sense. Thanks.

It's a shame that the game that I play 99% of the time I have to either disable SLI or deal with the screen tearing.

joltcola
04-25-05, 01:00 PM
I'd have to look, and this is just a guess, but there is probably somewhere you can set a max fps to match your monitors refresh rate in the games config.

-- jolt

gussboy
04-26-05, 04:35 PM
any update on screen tearing in WoW? My SLI rig is on order right now and I sure hope to be able to run 1600x1200 WoW at butter smooth frame rates?

what is the optimal configuration?

From what I gather so far

- run SLR mode
- use Wow cmd line for -nofixlag
- disable vsynch

Anything else? I was hoping that Forceware 71.89 had fixed some of the Wow SLi issues.

Thanks,
Brad