PDA

View Full Version : why isn't here a NEWEGG Canada!!! DIE!!!

JoKeRr
04-25-05, 06:32 PM
http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814122195

all I can say is faaaakkkkk!!!

299 for a LEADTEK GT with 4 bux shipping!!! DIE!!!!!!!!! I should have immigrated to USA instead of Canada...

einstein_314
04-25-05, 07:06 PM
I agree completely. There have been many times when I have wanted to order something from newegg. But I can't. Kinda sucks really...

Craig W
04-25-05, 11:30 PM
yes, it sucks, i have wanted to buy stuff from them also. on the flip side, you should check out ncix.com and anitec.ca, they have some good deals and are in Canada..

Craig

ChrisRay
04-25-05, 11:34 PM
*Stands tall and begins to sing* For I'm proud to be an American... :D For at least I know get the prices :cool:

Kickus_assius
04-26-05, 12:19 AM
I just buy used from forums or ebay. You can get some amazing deals if you are patient. Also the Canadian vendors rape you on video cards with ridiculous markups. I think the cheapest 6800GT is like $650 when it should be $380-450. www.atic.ca is pretty good, but I still think forums and ebay are the best, you just have to find trustable sellers. Plus, no tax this way :) . And from US sellers the taxes you pay are still much less as you are still being cheaper before tax with the Canadian vendors.

einstein_314
04-26-05, 12:40 AM
yes, it sucks, i have wanted to buy stuff from them also. on the flip side, you should check out ncix.com and anitec.ca, they have some good deals and are in Canada..

Craig

Yeah, I buy a lot of stuff from ncix.com. Their service is great. Never had a problem. Some things are a bit more money than atic.ca or anitec.ca, but I just price match them.

JonathanM
04-26-05, 01:30 AM
Same here. I've picked up anumber of items from both NCIX and TigerDirect. TD is a tad annoying with their baziliion mail-in rebates... but sometimes they have kickass offers.

MustangSVT
04-26-05, 09:18 AM
I would recommend staying away from Atic.. They have the worst rating of like any canadian vendor on computers-canada.com. And $650 isn't the cheapest you can get a 6800GT for. I bought mine for $585 back in September last year. If I wanted to buy one right now, I can find one for $549 at a local store so that I don't have to pay any shipping.

Craig W
04-26-05, 11:01 AM
yip, ATIC is pretty brutal..

Craig

Marcos
04-26-05, 11:28 AM
I should have immigrated to USA instead of Canada...

Think hard before saying that :D

Viffer5
04-27-05, 03:04 PM
Think hard before saying that :D

I second that...

before this thread spins out of control and turns into a political Canada vs US debate, just remember that Canadian products are more expensive than our US counterparts but keep in mind that we are buying in CAN dollars. The differences in price on the video cards in particular most likely are due to the fact that there's a larger demand in the US and the shipment volume is higher so costs are marginally smaller.

I can currently get a retail box Gigabyte 6800GT for $489.99 from a local shop so no shipping. That works out to $392 US right now. Not sure what the average US price for the same card would be but if you ask me, that's just what it costs for high end hardware.

That is a good deal regardless of CAN or US pricing though...