PDA

View Full Version : Where are they?

Electronic Punk
04-25-05, 06:33 PM
http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_20525.html

WINHEC – SEATTLE, WA—APRIL 25, 2005—NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA), a worldwide leader in graphics and digital media processors, today demonstrated its 64-bit computing platform technology leadership with the immediate availability of a Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL)-certified graphics driver that supports the entire family of Microsoft Windows x64 editions. The NVIDIA® ForceWare™ suite of software drivers works with all of Microsoft’s 64-bit and 32-bit operating systems to provide customers with updated support and features that enhance their computing experience.

<snip>

NVIDIA was the first to ship a WHQL Windows XP Professional x64 Edition graphics driver. Using its unified driver architecture, the ForceWare Release 70 driver brings 64-bit support to the consumer and workstation product families. By delivering a complete feature set, the NVIDIA 64-bit driver architecture leads the way for OEM customers and industry partners to confidently transition into the world of 64-bit computing. NVIDIA has worked closely with Microsoft and other key industry partners to enable full hardware support for the latest generation of 64-bit architectures and applications in the ForceWare Release 70 drivers.

-------------------------------------------
Erm guys, you forgot to release the drivers, don't try and make out that the WHQL candidate is what you were on about. I know those Alienwares up in Redmond were not running something I have ;D
After 2 weeks of fiddling, x64 is finally on us, I actually sat there and watched the entire keynote :D - Even tho one of my guys was there reporting on it... was bored ;D

digitalis
04-25-05, 06:57 PM
mmmmkay

SLippe
04-25-05, 07:31 PM
Yup, they are no where to be found on nvidia.com.

ViN86
04-25-05, 08:30 PM
im pretty sure they are like pre-beta. maybe if you email nVidia and tell them you want to test them you might be able to get a copy. its worth a shot, and they will make you agree to not release them im sure. ;)

WimpMiester
04-25-05, 08:33 PM
Most likely they are bundled on the Windows x64 CD.

Electronic Punk
04-27-05, 02:34 PM
Gah, they re-released 71.84 as whql, they are so poor :s

garikfox
04-27-05, 02:55 PM
ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/64/71.84_WHQL/

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/64/71.84/WHQL/

LoL 2 diff. folders.. :eek: