PDA

View Full Version : Empire Earth 2

aaahhh52
04-25-05, 07:21 PM
Its coming out Wednesday i believe, personally the demo kicked my ass and i loved it, reminds me of Rise of Nations, Age of Empires and CnC. It only let you play through 3 era's in the demo but was still very fun, i cant wait till i can play in the modern day and work my way up to the fusion powered mechs. Anybody getting it? http://www.empireearth.com/gallery_screenshots.html

superklye
04-25-05, 09:20 PM
I believe PCGamer gave it like a 90% in the newest issue. Their only complaints where that it really bogs down one's system during large battles and that it's so massive you have no choice but to use a plethora of keyboard shortcuts.

aaahhh52
04-25-05, 09:37 PM
Yeah ive been reading about the keyboard hot keys a lot, but during the demo i didnt touch one key on the keyboard and i managed pretty well. Yeah it can get laggy at times but im also playing on a 5950 ultra. But the weather effects are pretty awesome (thats what tends to bog me down somtimes) During blizzards your LOS is reduced and so is your movement speed, in hurricanes planes are either grounded or have real trouble flying (cant remember).

superklye
04-25-05, 10:07 PM
All these games are starting to run together...and it seems like the sequels are the same stuff as the first game, just better graphics and different campaigns.

I'll probably get AoE3, just for the graphics alone, but I dunno...it'd be nice for some innovation in them.

Acid Rain
04-26-05, 09:58 PM
All these games are starting to run together... Yea. I tried EE 2 and the appearance was such that I felt I'd already played it to death. Not a bad game, but to me, it looks soooo 2003.

If the gameplay is different enough to justify the Pre-EDMW looking graphics, maybe I will give it a shot. I only played the demo.

I don't know. I just can't get past the "seen this, played that" feel I got from it.

Vagrant Zero
04-27-05, 01:51 AM
Hey guys what's a good RTS that only involves the Iron Age? IE, when Greek and Rome were at the height of their power. And I know of Rome: Total War, didn't catch my fancy. Any other RTSes that set soley in that setting?

nrs421
04-27-05, 08:28 AM
Hey guys what's a good RTS that only involves the Iron Age? IE, when Greek and Rome were at the height of their power. And I know of Rome: Total War, didn't catch my fancy. Any other RTSes that set soley in that setting?

i dont think there has been a RTS that only involves the Iron Age....age of empires I and II were pretty good....you should try them

|MaguS|
04-27-05, 08:48 AM

Rise of Nations does but it also then drops you into the modern age, kinda like how Empire Earth is but with more depth. One of my current favorites actually, love the territory system.