PDA

View Full Version : Prince of Persia 3 screens

SH64
04-25-05, 09:38 PM
Few screenshots released for POP3 :

Today Ubisoft announced that it is developing Prince of Persia 3 (working title) for the PS2, the Xbox, GameCube and the PC. Scheduled for release in the second half of 2005, Prince of Persia 3 is the third volume in the award-winning Prince of Persia franchise.

http://images.3dgamers.com/screenimages/games/princepersia6/sacrificial_garden_panorama.jpg

http://images.3dgamers.com/screenimages/games/princepersia6/sequence_001c.jpg

http://www.3dgamers.com/screenshots/games/princepersia6/

i guess the graphics are not going to improve much , but the gameplay might ..

superklye
04-25-05, 09:46 PM
Okay, hold on...wasn't there a PoP3 back in the day...from the original side-scroller series? I know there was a 2 and then there was a 3D, right?

SH64
04-25-05, 09:48 PM
Okay, hold on...wasn't there a PoP3 back in the day...from the original side-scroller series? I know there was a 2 and then there was a 3D, right?

It actually should be called POP 6 , but i guess they disregarded the 2D games & POP 3D already .. so they started with POP:SOT as POP1.
did you understand anything ? :D

jAkUp
04-25-05, 09:49 PM
Nice! I loved PSP 2, but it got a little too difficult for me towards the middle

superklye
04-25-05, 09:51 PM
It actually should be called POP 6 , but i guess they disregarded the 2D games & POP 3D already .. so they started with POP:SOT as POP1.
did you understand anything ? :D
heh, yeah...I followed you. Screwthose farking bastards for disowning one of the greatest PC gaming franchises!

Edge
04-25-05, 10:11 PM
Looks cool, though I hope it isn't as big of a disapointment as Warrior Within was. Graphics look nice though, at least they look better than SoT/WW. Character models and lighting/specular seem much improved. Hopefully the gameplay will be more refined, WW had some nice ideas but it's execution was just sloppy.

Oh, and does anyone else think it's funny that the description reads "Prince of Persia 3 is the third volume in the award-winning Prince of Persia franchise", yet in the link to the pictures ends with "princepersia6" :D

Mr. Hunt
04-25-05, 10:12 PM
Looks cool... looks a lot like Warrior Within though (I liked it... seems many people hated it though :\).

superklye
04-25-05, 10:14 PM
Looks cool... looks a lot like Warrior Within though (I liked it... seems many people hated it though :\).
haha...I find it kind of ironic that you love a game so many others hated and you hate so much that many others love. :)

Mr. Hunt
04-25-05, 10:22 PM
haha...I find it kind of ironic that you love a game so many others hated and you hate so much that many others love. :)

What can I say... I only enjoy things that I enjoy... not everybody else ;).

Seoulstriker
04-25-05, 10:24 PM
PoP:SOT was delicious. I think that's the best way to describe it. WW demo was just sad... I loved the sweet taste of the first one, but the second one was just raw and bitter. I hope that they really cater to the SOT fans as they say they will... The screenies don't look like it yet. They might be going for that storywise, which would also be nice.

HowlingPhoenix
04-26-05, 01:24 AM
I thought POP:WW was a great game, too bad so many others didnt like it. It was a much more challenging and better looking game IMO.

svetli_pp
04-26-05, 02:43 AM
I think WW was better and I liked it more than the SOT. The gameplay was superb and for a hardrock fan like me the musical score was quite enjoyable. Its true that WW is grimer but like it like that. So I don't think it is right to speak like you have the monopoly on the truth. Everybody has his own preferences and opinions:)

Vagrant Zero
04-26-05, 02:51 AM
Too many sequals too quickly. They're worse than Capcom.

sytaylor
04-26-05, 04:31 AM
They seem to knock these games out at quite a rate... but a solid all round fun game is becoming rare in these days of hype mania, so I can't say I mind.

stncttr908
04-26-05, 08:43 AM
Warrior Within sucked. The controls for the PC were crap, even with a gamepad.

It doesn't look as though they've ditched the whole "generic rage" thing either.

NAZCA M12
04-26-05, 01:53 PM
Well, i might as well drop a bomb here and say that from the 3D PoP titles, i liked PoP:3D the most :eek: Why? Although it had lots of problems (like crap controls, slow camera which was later improved with patches), it somehow stayed loyal (at least to my eyes) to the PoP environment and music, it was how i thought the first 2 games would look like if they could be done in a 3D environment. The latest titles (SoT and WW) seem to be just hip and cool titles, games that tried too much to impress the kids, with wrong music, and some dark, goth **** inserted to impress the masses. Can't say i like the way the series has "evolved" at all.

Banko
04-26-05, 02:13 PM
Well, i might as well drop a bomb here and say that from the 3D PoP titles, i liked PoP:3D the most :eek: Why? Although it had lots of problems (like crap controls, slow camera which was later improved with patches), it somehow stayed loyal (at least to my eyes) to the PoP environment and music, it was how i thought the first 2 games would look like if they could be done in a 3D environment. The latest titles (SoT and WW) seem to be just hip and cool titles, games that tried too much to impress the kids, with wrong music, and some dark, goth **** inserted to impress the masses. Can't say i like the way the series has "evolved" at all.
^

nrs421
04-27-05, 08:42 AM
looks like there are two princes...the evil one (POP:WW) and the good one (POP:SOT) .....

|MaguS|
04-27-05, 08:46 AM

POP3D was total crap... NOTHING was good in that game. I feel I derserve a refund even after buying it only for 9.99 in the budget bin... SOT is how POP should be IMO. It kept the true jumping and exploring nature of the originals and added some great combat and some amazing atmosphere. WW is decent but I prefer the light tone of SOT then the Darker tone of WW.

SH64
04-27-05, 08:50 AM
SOT is how POP should be IMO. It kept the true jumping and exploring nature of the originals and added some great combat and some amazing atmosphere. WW is decent but I prefer the light tone of SOT then the Darker tone of WW.

:thumbsup:

& thats a very good explenation for why i feel attached to SOT a little more than WW.

ENU291
04-27-05, 09:19 AM
What killed PoP:WW was all that repetitive gaming. What the hell were the developers?!?!? :confused: :thumbdwn:

SH64
04-30-05, 04:05 PM
In-game screenshot :
http://images.3dgamers.com/screenimages/games/princepersia6/mm02_014.jpg