PDA

View Full Version : Need for (Life) II ? my opinions of Hl2

Nv40
04-26-05, 11:07 PM
Am i the only one that think the game was too much like need for speed a race simulator game or (airboat simmer). :D but with a physics weapon and few times of classic fps combat ?

I liked the game.. it has so many new things never seen before , but i lost the interest at many big parts of the game.. THe Airboat scenes was great ,specially because it allowed you to explore the in game graphics that were really nice in many places. but they lasted too much time.. were the only controls you needed to pass the levels were just to accelerate and the arrows keys (<--) and (-->). with the many coast levels the 4x4 car was not that diferent..that the airboat.. RAcing games are fun because you compete againts others cars ,and you need to do it in limited time ,but in HL2 it was just to avoid a heavily scripted helicopter.. the when finally began to fight on solid ground like normal shooters most of the time was killing 1234567899876 of combine soldiers , same repetitive gameplay of the original DOom3 and its imps.. :D or the flying robotics insects .. lol..

i think the game really needs

1)far far more variety in monters ,and in characters and why not Bosses ?
2)less racing and more fighting. the airboat and 4x4 car alone should be like 70% of the game..

at the final levels of the games i ended cheating in the game using GOD mode :rolleyes: becuase lost the interest to keep playing the game..

Dont take me wrong ,i enjoyed most of the game , the interactivity of the game physics with the gameplay is awesome . The quality of the textures are amazing in many places .But the game felt too much like a tutorial of a race simulator.. to help you master the controls of the game :)

things that were awesome where the many uses of vehicles or industrial machines and the physics in the game.the Zombies part was really nice.. it scared me more than Doom3 ,even though Hl2 doesnt have advanced shadows :D the first half of the airboat was awesome , the puzzles and the use of the physics weapon to build a "bridge" in the beach was really amazing .. they stealed the idea from a movie i saw. of giants worm like creatures . ;)

THis is just my opinion ,of course.. but for Fps game of the year i think Farcry was a lot more fun ,than original Doom3 and Hl2 together... (albeit D3:ROE was fun) and maybe CHronicles of Riddick and SplintelCEll:CT or halo2 being at the very top of the list. any comments are welcome. :)

Mudcrutch
04-27-05, 01:40 AM
is anybody else confused by that entire post?

IE:

2)less racing and more fighting. the airboat and 4x4 car alone should be like 70% of the game

you DEFINITELY lost respect when you said you had to resort to GOD mode.

boo.

Vagrant Zero
04-27-05, 01:42 AM
Boat with gun = kickass
4x4 = piece of sh|t all throughout

Rakeesh
04-27-05, 02:21 AM
I remember being slightly dissapointed when I shot down a gunship, and it crashlanded right on me...and nothing happened. I mean in source a filing cabinet can kill instantly you if you rub up against it the wrong way even if you have max health and armor and its sitting on perfectly level ground, but a several ton aircraft can't and wont ever do anything.

Lfctony
04-27-05, 11:41 AM
I remember being slightly dissapointed when I shot down a gunship, and it crashlanded right on me...and nothing happened. I mean in source a filing cabinet can kill instantly you if you rub up against it the wrong way even if you have max health and armor and its sitting on perfectly level ground, but a several ton aircraft can't and wont ever do anything.

Hehe, I know what you mean. In Halo 2 if a Sentinel drops on you after you eliminate it knocks out your shield and takes out plenty of your health, most times you die. They should have added some splash damage on the gunship crash point. :(

wures7
05-06-05, 03:40 AM
This game was highly overrated but it's still a good game. I can create a long list of things wrong with the game. I create a long list of things that deviated from the original HL that made it great. But I'm tired and lazy. Maybe I list them in the morning.

Treason
05-06-05, 11:42 PM
I walked past a tilted wooden chair and nudged it. It *thumped* and reverted to upright position with no animation. Meanwhile I hear *warning, major fracture detected* and my health went down from 100 to 58.

vX
05-12-05, 11:14 AM
I agree nv40, the game did/does need more monsters/enemies. Here's to hoping the expansion has a few more. And I too feel the boat and car had a bit too much time in the game. They promised 40 hours of gameplay, you'd think they'd of taken the car out and made u walk to throw an extra few hours in to get closer to that promised 40 hours, (which ended up being what? 15?)

Ninjaman09
05-12-05, 03:28 PM
Took me about 10 hours to finish the game. I beat it the first day.

vX
05-12-05, 03:34 PM
no more middle finger giving ninja? =/