PDA

View Full Version : Apple Cinema Display 20" +6800GT SLI

nibi
04-28-05, 08:29 AM
Apple Cinema Display 20" +6800GT SLI
hi all, I see this great monitor in apple store but my doubt is:
working in 6800Gt SLI? I think that this monitor included a vga and dvi swicht
but I read that SLI not working in DVI.
the resolution is great and the quality are impressive, I saw this monitor in NYC and :eek:
Its correct?

ChrisRay
04-28-05, 10:00 AM
I am not sure but I think what you mean is SLI is not working with widescreen monitors. I honestly havent been following the issue. But I dont think so.

Marcos
04-28-05, 10:02 AM
if SLI didnt work with DVI that would be a whole bunch of BS

nibi
04-28-05, 10:50 AM
I am not sure but I think what you mean is SLI is not working with widescreen monitors. I honestly havent been following the issue. But I dont think so.
:thumbdwn: its incredible thats the ultimate config graphics not work in this marvelous screen :thumbdwn: nvidia

ViN86
04-28-05, 10:59 AM
i thought people have gotten SLI to work with widescreen monitors. someone posted a little while ago that with the nview profile manager or something they got SLI to work at 19x(something) resolution.

search the archives. i think youll find some good info. ;)

|JuiceZ|
04-28-05, 11:41 AM
SLI does work with 16:9 monitors. Also nibi, do your self a favor a pickup a Dell 2005FPW instead, it uses the same exact panel. There's a lot of coupons floating around and many ppl have ordered them for around $350 shipped. With the saved cash, you could propably afford to upgrade to 6800u's for the SLI setup :D

Roliath
04-28-05, 12:09 PM
please correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't the Apple Cinema Display need Dual-Link DVI to work? or is just the 30 inch one that needs Dual-Link?

OWA
04-28-05, 12:19 PM
AnandTech just did a comparison of the Dell and Apple LCD, if you're interested.

http://www.anandtech.com/displays/showdoc.aspx?i=2400

einstein_314
04-28-05, 12:34 PM
please correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't the Apple Cinema Display need Dual-Link DVI to work? or is just the 30 inch one that needs Dual-Link?

Just the 30" model needs dual-link dvi. The other ones don't.

kccomp
04-30-05, 12:51 AM
No, SLI does not currently work on widescreen monitors. It isn't a matter of not supporting the resolutions -- that works fine. There is a bug that causes a 1-pixel vertical jitter at the frame rate on widescreen aspect ratios. It's completely unwatchable.

KC

|JuiceZ|
04-30-05, 07:28 PM
No, SLI does not currently work on widescreen monitors. It isn't a matter of not supporting the resolutions -- that works fine. There is a bug that causes a 1-pixel vertical jitter at the frame rate on widescreen aspect ratios. It's completely unwatchable.

KC

Where'd you hear that at?

Shutdown28
04-30-05, 11:30 PM
i would like to know as well. I am a huge forum junkie although i never post i read just about all of em. I can faintly remember some res issues with SLI but i swore it was fixed. My buddy has a 6600 GT SLI and a 21 Wide Samsung LCD and hes got no issues. But is there an issue in the super high wide aspect res's if so let us know

scoote69
05-01-05, 01:42 PM
I have 2 sli rigs. They do not work with dvi and widescreen. You get the vertical jitter as described above. Ive tried every driver out there--some are slightly better but none sovle it. Any fixes yet?

Sk8erian
05-01-05, 11:26 PM
NVidia is working on the problem with DVI and Widescreen monitors so just stay tuned with future driver updates.

Anril
05-02-05, 02:10 PM
Just to confirm:

I also have the 1 pixel jitter issue with SLI and Widescreen with DVI.
I have had to switch to Analogue to stop the problem. It's a flipping shambles that it doesn't work properly. It is fixed in the x64 drivers but not in the 32bit ones.