PDA

View Full Version : Gigabyte N68T256DH Temperatures

Shima
04-28-05, 10:27 AM
Hi all,

I got a N68T256DH in a Shuttle some days ago. I think the temperatures are getting too hot, 62 Idle / ~90 Load... Maybe the Shuttle case in not that well ventilated or the cooling of card is defective...
My question is, what would be the temperature in a big well ventiladed case. Does anybody has it?

ps: My driver is ver 71.89

jolle
04-28-05, 12:47 PM
Had about the same temps with my card, same card..
Gigabyte told me that is all well and dandy, but I replaced the cooler anyhow cause I didnt like the feeling of it all hehe..
went from 60c -> 37c idle and 90ish c -> 53c full load when I replaced it with a Zalman VF700CU..

Doing so viods the warranty tho, so if you want to hang onto that dont replace the cooler..
The card should work with those temps, and should it fail its their problem cause they will have to replace it for you..
The cooler might not be sitting on right tho, someone mentioned a bunch of these cards had the cooler poorly mounted, and mine wasnt making much contact it seemed..

Shima
04-28-05, 03:25 PM
Hi jolle,

So... it's possible that my card is a defective one? :(
How the heatpipe is conected to the GPU? They use an adesive, glue or past?
Could you see that the heatpipe was not making a good contact with the pipe?

thanks for the info...

rohit
04-29-05, 03:27 AM
is iur card a 68GT or 68nu.
There was a big thread with gigabyte 68GT coolers not touching the gpu, and everyone had hi temps.
also use 67.03 driver and not 71.84 drives.
theres a bug with 71xx drivers, temps are 10*C higher than normal. 67.03whql are purrfect.

jolle
04-29-05, 05:23 AM
Hi jolle,

So... it's possible that my card is a defective one? :(
How the heatpipe is conected to the GPU? They use an adesive, glue or past?
Could you see that the heatpipe was not making a good contact with the pipe?

thanks for the info...

It was some sort of clear grease type of stuff, and thich tape for the RAM..
Looking at my GPU it didnt seem like there had been much contact, half of it was "dry" so to speak, and some of the RAM tapepads didnt seem like they had contact either, no marks on them..

Anyway, Gigabyte will tell you that those temps are normal, and that its normal for 6800GT GPUs to reach around 100c during full load.

Shima
04-29-05, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. I think I'll return it (they have a 14 days return policy here in germany)... But I'll try to get another N68T256DH with a working cooler. This is the best card I could find that fits in a Shuttle system.
Does anybody know what should be a normal temperature for this card (I mean with a heatsink properly attached on the GPU)?

saturnotaku
04-29-05, 07:26 AM
Does anybody know what should be a normal temperature for this card (I mean with a heatsink properly attached on the GPU)?

Low-mid 50s at idle, 70s under load.

Cinus
04-30-05, 06:37 AM
Hi, I have this card and must say I experienced similar temperature problems with that. You know where and how the radiator and heat pipes are installed... In my case while inserting the card into the slot I moved a bit heat pipes (USB was a bit to high). I had 70C on idle and 100C during games etc. Fortunately I managed to replace the card with a new one (the same model), I installed it this time properly (a bit pressing the radiator to fit) and now I have 46C on idle and 62 on full load (I didn't see more) so it leaves a place for overclocking now.