PDA

View Full Version : 4 new screenshots for Stalker

SH64
04-28-05, 05:49 PM
Those looks better than the older ones .. though keep in mind they are taken with lower image res & no AA/AF .

http://www.worthplaying.com/press/175/stalker_soc_0101.jpg
http://www.worthplaying.com/press/175/stalker_soc_0102.jpg
http://www.worthplaying.com/press/175/stalker_soc_0103.jpg
http://www.worthplaying.com/press/175/stalker_soc_0104.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=25076&mode=thread&order=0

graphics engine features :

* Levels combining closed spaces as well as enormous open areas
* Visualization optimized for hardware TnL (both FF and shading capable parts)
* Continuous level of detail technology for all the geometry
* ~100 000 polygons per frame at 60 fps on average hardware
* Detailed character models (500-10 000 polys)
* Powerful skeleton-based animation allows usage of motion-capture hardware and produces smooth and realistic motion of characters
* High-speed blended animation system capable of up to infinity number of bone interpolation & modulation
* SSE/3Dnow! Technologies used for skinning and forward kinematics
* Vertex shaders used on shading capable hardware
* Detail objects (grass/small stones/etc)
* Portal-style, non-linear subdivision based visibility detection system
* Optimized for T&L hardware in the way of grouping primitives to large-size batches
* Greatly reduces overdraw - which is the main slowdown on even high-level video boards
* Usage of antiportals (aka Occluders) for occlusion culling
* Intelligent hardware state caching technology
* Both Direct and Radiosity lighting models
* Colored dynamic lights and dynamic "soft" shadows
* Character shadowing
* Intelligent light sources selection, clipping, merging
* Makes possible more than 50 dynamic lights per frame at reasonable FPS-es
* Ordinary stuff: flares, coronas, etc
* Intelligent shader subsystem
* Dynamically generated textures
* Reflections, chrome effects, etc.
* VR-Simulation engine optimized for massive payload
* High-performance collision detection allowing simultaneous motion of large number of characters in high polygonal environment
* Realistic physics simulation (ballistic, motions, fluid engine, snow, rain, explosions, etc.)
* Motion compensation scheme
* Hides many visual artifacts produced by FPS-es instability
* Particle system with real physics
* High quality HRTF 3D-sound with clipping and partial wave tracing
* "Low-penalty" & "low-delay" reaction technology (less then 1ms to start HRTF 3D Sound Source to play)

CaptNKILL
04-28-05, 05:53 PM
Looking good... though it also looks like they are trying to get in on the "really freaking dark screenshots" trend thats been so popular lately ;)

Edge
04-28-05, 05:57 PM
Err, your image links are broken and/or dead...

Vagrant Zero
04-28-05, 05:58 PM
Too bad for Stalker it's Prey got away. Nwuh nwuh nwuh.

brady
04-28-05, 05:59 PM
VR-Simulation engine optimized for massive payload Huh? :confused:

SH64
04-28-05, 05:59 PM
Err, your image links are broken and/or dead...

Yeah there could be something wrong with the link.
anyway check the URL to see the images if they dont appear here.

vX
04-28-05, 06:39 PM
graphically this game has taken a nose dive...look at those low res walls, sh*t, i'll give doom 3's walls more credit than this.....nice joke about prey. But remember, Prey is due out in 2006 =/ Stalker is due out Nov. 2002. Oh wait, June 2003, nope, November 2003, damnit...I mean May 2004, sh*t, what I meant to say was November 2004, no, wait...I meant May 2005....awww you know what, f*ck it. ( This is me acting like thq PR, as the game has missed the last 6 release dates given for it over the last 2 1/2 years.) What;s this, like it's 3rd showing @ E3? I'm all for keeping a game to make it perfect...but come on...how much time do you need? Games that suffer this many delays over such a long period dont hold a great track record, they usually ended up sucking so bad to the point of you wondering exactly what they did to it over the delayed time. I lost alot of steam for this game...thats my nyuk nyuk nyuk...heh :D

Vagrant Zero
04-28-05, 06:54 PM
You hold onto a game too long and it's graphics start to get dated by the time of release ala HL2, NWNs, and now Stalker.

vX
04-28-05, 06:55 PM
You hold onto a game too long and it's graphics start to get dated by the time of release ala HL2, NWNs, and now Stalker.

QFT.

jAkUp
04-28-05, 07:02 PM

That means Duke Nukem Forever is gonna look like Wolfenstein :D

Anyways, the screenshots look nice, but the low resolution textures are gettin to me.

BioHazZarD
04-28-05, 07:10 PM
Sure looks nice but they have to release this game soon, you cant just hype a game forever by releasing screenshoots... lots of upcoming games have potential.

vX
04-28-05, 07:20 PM
That means Duke Nukem Forever is gonna look like Wolfenstein :D

Anyways, the screenshots look nice, but the low resolution textures are gettin to me.

To a point you're right. They said dnf is STILL using the unreal 2.5 engine. :eek:

SH64
04-28-05, 07:24 PM
One more shot :

http://stalker.igromania.ru/pics/stat/st55.jpg

i think the trees dont look good in this one :thumbdwn: , but i'm willing to live with it if they cast real-time soft shadows & shows interactivity with the environment :p

vX
04-28-05, 07:39 PM
i'm willing to live with whatever the final product ends up like-so long as they finally frickin ship it. I complain about the graphics, but that doesnt mean i'll avoid it, I'm just so annoyed by the delays, I think they bit off more than they could chew with so many promises of interactivity and what not....like fable....I got a feeling it will be missing half of the cool stuff promised and just not seem all that great. Just my gut feeling, could end up being goy too. First they need to ship it....

SH64
04-28-05, 07:44 PM
Lets hope in end up just like HL2 ... graphics were not top-notch , but at least the gameplay was well worth it.

holmes
04-28-05, 09:03 PM
meh..

kev13dd
04-28-05, 09:28 PM
Probably more of the DX8

A majority of every Stalker screenshot out is DX8. I don't think these are new, I think they are just resurfaced screen shots, or screen shots of the old beta

K

Intel17
04-30-05, 05:35 PM
Okay, my opinion of STALKER's visuals and X-Ray have gone down considerably. They better start showing off some DX9 renderer stuff, or I'll begin to think they can't get it working correctly!

kev13dd
04-30-05, 06:53 PM
Meh. Who cares what we think of it now

When it comes out, it will be what it is

After all, it's after it comes out that we're buying it, isn't it?

K

SH64
04-30-05, 07:17 PM
After all, it's after it comes out that we're buying it, isn't it?

K

Of course .. & the funny thing that those who talk crap about the game before its out are the first to buy it when it comes out heh ..