PDA

View Full Version : New Zelda game reviewed by famitsu

Gargr
12-11-02, 07:09 AM
http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=3773

"We're still waiting for our Japanese correspondent to get us his translation of the review, but the next Zelda game has already made history.

Zelda no Densetsu: Kaze no Takuto is only the fourth game in Famitsu history to receive a 10/10/10/10 ... a PERFECT score. The other three were Vagrant Story (yes, you read that right), the Dreamcast masterpiece that was Soul Calibur, and of course, Ocarina of Time.

Anyone who had any doubts about this game and it's graphical style should proceed to choke on their tongues now, as it appears to be the one thing that has managed to catch the attention of the reviewers and not let go.

We'll have some translated comments as soon as we can. "

Here is a translation:
Grade: 10

"A level of astoundment that exceeds even that exhibited by the previous "Ocarina". Despite being a completely new and ground-breaking work, it's amazing how this title managed to retain everything that defines 'Zelda' to begin with. If you're looking for a new plane of visual expression in games, one different from both photorealistic and anime styles, it can be found right here. Also features a unprecedented depth of story and adventure within the series that takes place across an ocean. To sum up: this title is 100% zelda, and is an absolutely must-play title."

"Utilizing tone rendering as a catalyst of visual expression of sorts and combining it with the highest quality gameplay, game environments and production values, a a miraculous chemical reaction is created with this incredible title. It makes you realize once again that video games truly are the most superior form of entertainment out there. Whatever you do in within the game, it doesn't fail to entertain you in some way. Trust me when I say you won't fail to fall in the love with the world presented within this title."

"Any pangs of anxiety you might have in regards to the anime-like presentation of this game will vanish once you play this title, which will leave no doubts in your mind that this is truly Zelda. The emotions of the various characters come across with an unbelievable level of realism due through eye-based movements/expressions, and there are times when you'll find yourself extremely affected and even on the verge of tears. With a perfect level of difficulty in regards to both the puzzles and battles, this title rewards you immensely for playing it!"

"Whether it be the in-game events, puzzles, or presentation, you'll find yourself experiencing a range of human emotions from puzzlement to amazement. Everytime you pick up this title to proceed onwards in your quest, you'll discover an increased level of excitement. I swear to god I felt like a excited child picking up a videogame for the first time when I played this title. The new setup that allows even those who have never experienced the series to immediately feel right at home gets a huge thumbs up from me."

All u cell shading haters can su... err.. never mind :D

I just cant wait for this game :cool: :) :D :eek: :D

thcdru2k
12-11-02, 08:29 AM
miyamoto = genius

sytaylor
12-11-02, 11:52 AM
but i haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate cel shading, the only one time its ever been good was jet set radio :( sounds like this will rpoove me wrong but i wish they'd have gone the photo realism route they almost started down with the last zelda.. i liked its occasional gritty bits, and its hints of darkness

Matthyahuw
12-11-02, 02:11 PM
I want the old Zelda they showed in 2000 where he looked almost realistic :( BOOOOOO

nin_fragile14
12-11-02, 05:08 PM
Did Miyamato head this project? The last game I know he had full control over was Zelda 64; other than that, he just gives "input" into certaing games.

thcdru2k
12-11-02, 07:00 PM
yes, new zelda is 100% headed by miyamoto. this is the project he has been working on. the control system that revolves around new gc controler = all miyamoto. he's specifically listed as the Lead Game Creator.

lord kelvinn
12-12-02, 01:47 PM
Well, acording to this article, Miyamoto wasn't the director of the game, but the producer.

The direction was in chargue of Eiji Aonuma, and Miyamoto san was only helping with the cuality assurance.

Anyway, I really liked the first demo of Zelda, tha shows Link really good vs Gannon.

Miyamoto interview (http://www.gamespy.com/interviews/december02/zeldaroundtable/)

NickSpolec
12-20-02, 08:45 AM
Well, you can say whatever you want about the gameplay, but I hate the style of the looks.

Simply put, IT LOOKS F*CKING GAY.

No...

Really...

The original demo of Zelda for Gamecube, like others have said, looked awesome. Absolutely badass.

I liked how Link looks in the 2D games, and I liked how he looked in the N64 games. But not this one.

Gargr
12-20-02, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by NickSpolec
Well, you can say whatever you want about the gameplay, but I hate the style of the looks.

Simply put, IT LOOKS F*CKING GAY.

No...

Really...

The original demo of Zelda for Gamecube, like others have said, looked awesome. Absolutely badass.

I liked how Link looks in the 2D games, and I liked how he looked in the N64 games. But not this one.

1 question:
Have you seen the game in motion? I dont know anyone who has seen movies of the new zelda saying that it looks gay. Go download a few vids from ign.

The original demo was a GC tech demo, like the 128 marios
not Zelda demo

And if u liked the 2D Zelda games, try them again, and you'll see the new Zelda is just like them - CARTOONY
:)