PDA

View Full Version : The Patriot DC low latency 2gb(2x1gb) Question

PaiN
04-29-05, 09:27 PM
First, sorry I've taken so long to answer this question...but I had major hurdles to get over with this new build and its been weeks of work. I finally have a stable running system :clap:
Anyway to the point.....No the Patriot DC 2gb is not that good, A64s seem to be very picky with this RAM, it'll barely operate at SPD (2 3-5-2 T1) and the sticks I have are having nothing to do with OCing, even a slight bump in FSB speed will cause failure. To run stable they need the timings relaxed and I'd say even T2
Maybe this is not completely fair to the RAM, I only used it with A64s (two 4000+'s) it could have more to do with the Athlon memory controller than the RAM itself...

Viral
04-29-05, 10:00 PM
That's very disappionting, I would only go with 2GB if it were to run ok at 1T with fairly low timings across the range. Well, at least you've got a stable system now. What was the problem actually the CPU or a combination of a few things?

lytalbayre
04-29-05, 10:42 PM
I bought it and am selling it because it doesn't OC for sh#t.

But, I had no problems running it at 2-3-2-5 at stock speeds.... I guess it depends on a lot of factors like MOB and mem. controller.

I would only recommend it for use in a server or some such machine. It's not bad memory, however.

jAkUp
04-29-05, 10:59 PM
Damn that sucks :( Still waiting on some good OC'ing 1gb modules...

newls1
05-01-05, 04:42 PM
I bought this same ram, and YES, IT STINKS for OCing with. I had to buy 2x 512MB G.Skil PC4400 TCCD ram, and now "SHE" finally FLIES......

Roliath
05-01-05, 04:44 PM
Damn that sucks :( Still waiting on some good OC'ing 1gb modules...
me too!!! all I want is for it to hit 220 at some DECENT cas2 T1 timings, i'd be happy

zoomy942
05-02-05, 06:11 AM
i bought lytalbayre's ram, and as long as it runs at stock speed at 1T, i am happy. i dont overclock anymore... so 1T it the most important thing to me