View Full Version : IGN + Quake 4 stuff

Pages : [1] 2

jAkUp
04-29-05, 09:43 PM
:D

http://pc.ign.com/articles/608/608671p1.html

GlowStick
04-29-05, 10:01 PM
IGN: Did any issues or complaints with Doom 3's release affect development on Quake 4 (i.e., user mods to attach flashlights to weapons, which was something not originally intended by the designers)?

Tim Willits: No, not so much. We still listen to our fans on the forums, but the larger focus is more on making Quake 4 the best game it can be, whereas the expansion for Doom 3 more accurately addresses Doom 3's issues.

That quote scares me, basicly in iD's mind, Doom3 was so perfect it needed no change, everyone else is wrong ; )

Yeah, i think they are kinda screwing them self over.

Oh well, ill still end up buying it, and because of that htey will probly keep makeing the same decisisons.

Bad_Boy
04-29-05, 10:52 PM
http://badboy.xtremetuners.com/quake-4-20050429041346310.jpg ;)

jAkUp
04-29-05, 10:54 PM
I am looking forward to the "Quake3" multiplayer more than anything I think :)

Bad_Boy
04-29-05, 10:59 PM
could of sworn i made this post lol, its all good jak :P

but yeah, quake 3's mp gameplay was great, i hope they keep it close to that as possible. :D

Acid Rain
04-29-05, 11:48 PM
I am looking forward to the "Quake3" multiplayer more than anything I think :)Me too. Quake 3 was sooo fun for sooo long, and the Doom 3 engine is spectacular, in my opinion.

jAkUp
04-30-05, 12:24 AM
could of sworn i made this post lol, its all good jak :P

but yeah, quake 3's mp gameplay was great, i hope they keep it close to that as possible. :D

hehe yea I posted it about an hour before you, so I merged the two threads :) I liked your title better than mine though ;) hope that wasn't copywrited... :afro: haha

GlowStick
04-30-05, 12:44 AM
hehe yea I posted it about an hour before you, so I merged the two threads :) I liked your title better than mine though ;) hope that wasn't copywrited... :afro: haha
Im afriad that Bad_Boy works for Tiger Direct, so your going to have to assume the possition. :eek:

Bad_Boy
04-30-05, 12:50 AM
(pb)

like i said its all good. so um...how about that quake 4? :angel:

Seoulstriker
04-30-05, 08:43 AM
:D

OWA
04-30-05, 09:21 AM
That quote scares me, basicly in iD's mind, Doom3 was so perfect it needed no change, everyone else is wrong ; )

Yeah, i think they are kinda screwing them self over.

Oh well, ill still end up buying it, and because of that htey will probly keep makeing the same decisisons.

I didn't take it that way. I thought he was basically saying, they're two separate products and it isn't Q4's job to address the issues in D3, that was RoE's purpose. It also seemed like he was just trying to tread lightly and not be overly critical of Doom 3.

ralinn
04-30-05, 09:51 AM
Doom 3 was much more of a solitary experience where you were alone, whereas Quake 4 is much more of a war experience with buddies and additional forces around you.

I like the sound of this :D :cool3:

Xplode
04-30-05, 02:02 PM
Nice pic of Doom 3 there...Im guessing this is a Doom 3 expansion :rolleyes:

Intel17
04-30-05, 04:32 PM
Can't wait! I hope the art assets are good this time, and not just shades of gray, and I hope they use textures that are larger than 256x256!

Seoulstriker
04-30-05, 05:51 PM
edit...

holmes
04-30-05, 06:00 PM
I'm excited...
:cool:

Seoulstriker
04-30-05, 06:06 PM
http://www.ews.uiuc.edu/~pzavisla/hostedmilitaryimages/quake4.jpg

|JuiceZ|
04-30-05, 06:15 PM
nice seoul :D

jAkUp
04-30-05, 11:51 PM
hahaha nice ;)

vX
05-01-05, 12:12 PM
I agree, though....that pic doesn't look nearly as impressive as the ones posted earlier (few months back) same bland, washed out, low textures that make up the environments that were in doom 3. :: sigh :: I can't stand that, id's new engine seems to focus on characters and lighting, that's it. Screw environments or advanced a.i/physics...id seems confident with the approach of, " just throw an impressive looking character, welly lit with a hanging lamp, in a dark room with low textures and they'll be impressed."

I keep hearing how advanced and impressive this engine is, but here's game numero 3 using it and I'm still not impressed. Now i'm not the graphical guru some are, but as a gamer, as a dim witted 24 year old pwho just plays the games...i'm not impressed. Here's to hoping the story and mp make up for the lack of visuals.

EDIT: I also noticed the pointy heads also persevere in this game. :rolleyes:

Superfly
05-01-05, 05:47 PM
QUOTE:

There are a number of outdoor environments, plenty of vehicles to fight in and around, and a definite mix of levels between indoor and outdoor levels. For instance, you may have to go inside a structure to perform a task, then return outside to be retrieved. Thanks to Raven's level design, there are a number of indoor levels that are so detailed they make Doom 3's graphics look plain.

ANOTHER QUOTE:

Players won't have to be too concerned about a lack of a flashlight -- the blaster comes with one already.

Superfly
05-02-05, 02:15 AM
I totally disagree.

Lfctony
05-02-05, 02:28 AM
Raven will offer a better game in terms of gameplay, so I don't really care about the graphics. If they have to lower detail levels at some points to offer better gameplay vs multiple enemies, then let it be. That's just me though.

Superfly
05-02-05, 03:09 AM
Raven will offer a better game in terms of gameplay, so I don't really care about the graphics. If they have to lower detail levels at some points to offer better gameplay vs multiple enemies, then let it be. That's just me though.

right on brother

squad based large scale outdoor and indoor firefights with ravens own AI (SOF 1&2 both had great AI).

cant wait. and the MP is gonna pwn

holmes
05-02-05, 07:17 AM
I think we should be seeing graphics quality as RoE, but on a much bigger scale... I'll wait until the game's out before I make any decision to upgrade my system though..