PDA

View Full Version : The Desktop Graphics Corruption problem

Jacobjac123
04-30-05, 01:40 AM
Still, almost all drivers above 66.93 have graphics corruption.. Judging by the forums, it's those of us with VIA chipsets.

We've gone through multiple releases (including official ones) with no fix of this problem and no sign to indicate a fix is coming.

Is anything being done about it?

rewt
04-30-05, 02:42 AM
Not sure what you mean. I own a mobo with VIA chipset and I have yet to see graphics corruption in any of the ForceWare drivers.

doddsy
04-30-05, 04:36 AM
same here. i've read a few posts about via chipset pcs having desktop corruption, but i've a k8v deluxe VIA k8t800, no corruption of any kind with any of the drivers.

screenshot?

i'm wondering if maybe all the bods who have this corruption have something else in common. maybe a skins package installed or something??

Jacobjac123
04-30-05, 07:40 AM
I'd certainly like to see it rectified.

The graphics are so bad on the desktop that it makes it hard to even take a screenshot.

I'll see if I can get a screenshot.

Peoples-Agent
04-30-05, 08:25 AM
Possible maybe an older set of the Hyperion drivers in combinition with a particular Forceware might sort this problem, seriously is bad though.... I would probably sell my card and go ATI if I had that trouble.

saturnotaku
04-30-05, 08:36 AM
Are the people at VIA aware of this problem? It may be something on their end that needs to be addressed.

$n][pErMan
04-30-05, 01:00 PM
You can thank me later for finding this.... THERE IS A TEMP FIX!! :D I tried this and it worked great for me... however... if you play Doom3 or Doom3 RoE ... you will not able able to save games without having to Alt-Ctrl-Del out of the game to continue playing as apperently the fix messes up with the taking of the screenshot for the save point (as I have determined). So I went back to 67.66a's for now till I beat RoE :) But everything else I tested worked fine... and this is only a temp fix... as clearly it had a few side effects... but here is the link to it:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48564

Jacobjac123
05-01-05, 03:08 AM
[pErMan']You can thank me later for finding this.... THERE IS A TEMP FIX!! :D I tried this and it worked great for me... however... if you play Doom3 or Doom3 RoE ... you will not able able to save games without having to Alt-Ctrl-Del out of the game to continue playing as apperently the fix messes up with the taking of the screenshot for the save point (as I have determined). So I went back to 67.66a's for now till I beat RoE :) But everything else I tested worked fine... and this is only a temp fix... as clearly it had a few side effects... but here is the link to it:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48564

I was excited for a moment there.
Unfortunetly this didn't appear to work for me.

Appreciate the effort though.

I've installed the 67.66a Quality drivers for now. We'll see how those pan out. I've been getting fairly bad performance in SWAT4 with my 66.93's.

$n][pErMan
05-01-05, 12:03 PM
I was excited for a moment there.
Unfortunetly this didn't appear to work for me.

Appreciate the effort though.

I've installed the 67.66a Quality drivers for now. We'll see how those pan out. I've been getting fairly bad performance in SWAT4 with my 66.93's.
What are your specs? This trick does NOT work for Pentium 4's or AMD 64bit sets. Only works for 32bit AMD's I believe. Also... did you uninstall the old drivers with driver cleaner ... then run the setup AFTER editing the nv2_disp.ini? IF you dont follow it exactly it will not work :) Sorry if I totally insulted your ability with this reply... but I have no idea what you know and whatnot :p Also... the XG 67.66a's are a solid set.... I was using them again just last week while I was playing RoE cause of the black screen error with the fix for the XG71.89's you would get when saving a game. Only just recently switched back to the 71.89's. You picked a good set to keep if you truely cant get the 71.89 fix to work :)

Jacobjac123
05-01-05, 05:18 PM
Excellent.
Well, I'm not completely in touch with how to work nVidia drivers.

My Specs:
Windows XP Home SP2, Latest Drivers.
Gigabyte Motherboard, VIA KM400 chipset
AMD Athlon XP 2200+
512mb PC3200 Kingmax RAM
40Gb Seagate Barracuda HDD
Leadtek WinFast A6600 GT TDH Graphics

As for SWAT4.. I thought I would get better performance then this. I've got all of it's graphics settings on low.. I've turned off shadows and mirror reflections. I'm even running it in 800x600 resolution. And v-sync is off. I get about 45fps max. The 67.66a set did give it a respectable FPS incrase but it's still hanging around that area.

With the nvidia drivers.. Yes I did driver cleaner. I edited nv4_disp.ini as it says but to tell you the truth something in the back of my mind was going 'This isn't it' because it was in a download directory.

Though, I also edited the new nv4_disp.ini file straight after the 7x series installed but this still didn't do it.

$n][pErMan
05-01-05, 06:26 PM
OK ... do this..... get the XG 71.89-HD. I htink you did the order or something wrong. This trick should work for you.
--> Run the xg71.89hd.exe file and let it extract.
--> It will then goto the nvidia install which your familiar with.
--> Cancel out of the nvidia driver install
--> goto where the xg71.89hd.exe extracted (in my case in programfiles area in some "XtremeG foldier")
--> edit the nv4_disp.ini
--> save file
--> run the setup.exe file thats in the same directory your in
--> reboot and enjoy.

Jacobjac123
05-01-05, 07:45 PM
Ahh that's done it.
Cheers for the help!

Previously I was trying to edit a nonexistant file.

$n][pErMan
05-01-05, 10:13 PM
No problem .. glad u got it to work :) Enjoy!