PDA

View Full Version : My mouse settings won't stay

superklye
05-01-05, 06:59 PM
Every time I restart my computer, my mouse settings revert to normal. The pointer speed always goes back to being at the default speed, requiring me to jack it back up to keep it from feeling like molasses. Is there a reason why this keeps happening? Some kind of bug or something?

I've done it through the control panel as well as the software that came with the MX1000 and it doesn't seem to make a difference. It always reverts to the default.

:mad:

jAkUp
05-02-05, 01:15 AM
Do you have the latest software version from www.logitech.com ??

Superfly
05-02-05, 02:32 AM
I had so many problems with logitech's crap drivers that I returned the mouse on the same day it was delivered to me.

would never buy from them again.

Microsoft Mice rulez.

jAkUp
05-02-05, 10:10 AM
Microsoft used to make great hardware... sadly they have been going downhill fast. The new Explorer 4.0 is a joke.

Riptide
05-02-05, 10:40 AM
I like Logitech mice but have never been a big fan of mouseware. It always seemed to make some of my games act odd w/regard to mouse button function. Homeworld was a good example. After installing mouseware the zoom wouldn't work when I pressed the middle mouse button/scroll wheel.

Plus the scroll function in IE/Firefox by pressing the center mouse button and then using the wheel was always screwy.

Superfly
05-02-05, 10:50 AM
Microsoft used to make great hardware... sadly they have been going downhill fast. The new Explorer 4.0 is a joke.

lol - did'nt know there was a 4.0

and the logitech mice - to me are also a joke (mainly due to the massive size and that god aweful mouseware program of there's).

Slyder
05-03-05, 12:35 AM
Superfly... your FrU ? :eek: ... to bad your CS.. we need a few more in the CoD section - small world. ;)

As for the mouse driver bug, I get that with my Logitech webcam... settings re-setting. I am thinking of formatting to see if that helps.

Burpy
05-03-05, 03:23 AM
http://img76.echo.cx/img76/3051/plasma9sl.jpg
Razer Diamondback Plasma (http://www.razerzone.com/products/products_diamondbackplasma-le.php) :wonder:

I really hate the current logitech mice. The tech seems to be superior but
why on earth can't they come up with a sexy design to go with it. :confused: :thumbdwn:

The last logitech mouse I owned was the Dual Optical, one of
my all time favorite mouse ever. :D

I'm using a razer viper atm, but hope to get a diamondback plasma
when it comes out. It seems I get a new mouse every few months.
I have a box full of them in the closet. :p

Getting the plasma purely for cosmetic reasons so I can match it
up with my case and keyboard. ;)

Superfly
05-03-05, 05:54 AM
Superfly... your FrU ? :eek: ... to bad your CS.. we need a few more in the CoD section - small world. ;)

1st time my clever disguise has been seen through!!!!! - I had no idea that anyone else in FrU gave a f**k about their PC.

anyways - Hi Slyder

Strahd
05-03-05, 10:31 AM
I've never had a problem with my logitech drivers and I'm using a MX-510 right now. All of my mice have been some form of Logitech and I would recommend them to anyone.

|JuiceZ|
05-03-05, 10:53 AM
Yea IMO Logitech still pwns when it comes to mice. They innovate, not imitate.

jAkUp
05-03-05, 02:53 PM
Yea, I've never really had a problem with my drivers either.. hell they don't even really need the logitech drivers. I still install them though.

ynnek
05-03-05, 03:47 PM
once in a while, my logitech mouse driver would decide to quit right when I start a game... Actually, only seen it during CS:S.. I could tell cause my mouse sensitivy gets screwed up, and sunddenly my thumb button for reload doesn't work. - only happens right during intial load up though.. as in I never had it simply gone dead in a middle of a game.

but besides that, no problems with logitech. I like their mice.

einstein_314
05-03-05, 06:50 PM
I love my logitech MX700. And I don't bother installing the drivers for it because as soon as I do, the side buttons don't work in games. No problems with not having the drivers not installed.

ynnek
05-03-05, 07:06 PM
there's a regkey list where you can add in the games exe to help logitech drivers detect that you've entered a game.

I love my logitech MX700. And I don't bother installing the drivers for it because as soon as I do, the side buttons don't work in games. No problems with not having the drivers not installed.

GamerGuyX
05-03-05, 07:38 PM
Ah this seems like the perfect thread to recommend the LogiGamer mouse profile utility (http://www.logigamer.com/) for those of you will newer Logitech mice.