PDA

View Full Version : Installation of graphics card (A8N-SLI)

andefeldt
05-02-05, 02:59 PM
Hi,

I was just wondering about one thing (ok two then :p ) :

-I'm using a single PCI-E card on my Asus A8N-SLI motherboard. Do I then need to plug in a 4-pin power cable in the EZ_PLUG on the motherboard?

- I've replaced the original GPU cooler with a Zalman VF700-Cu cooler (nice a quiet). Does it matter which of the power cables from my PSU I plug this cooler into (of the 4-pins of corse)? I mean, does it make a difference if I use the same cable as the EZ_PLUG? Or the same cable as my harddrive? Or the same cable as my DVD-driver?

A.

SH64
05-02-05, 03:57 PM
1) No (its only recommended & for SLI users AFAIK)
2) Not sure what you mean but i think it dosent matter.

jAkUp
05-02-05, 04:12 PM
Just plug it into the same one as the EZ PLUG.

andefeldt
05-02-05, 04:56 PM
1) No (its only recommended & for SLI users AFAIK)

Ok I haven't been able to find any information about it so far. The manual just tells that you can plug it in (as far as I can read it)...

Does anyone know for sure if I can skip pluggin in the cable to the EZ_PLUG?? Maybe even with a reference to a manual or something like that?

A.

SH64
05-02-05, 05:10 PM
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48963

H-street
05-02-05, 05:52 PM
to go along with the the thread SH64 posted..

there is a little red light on the A8N that illuminates for 2 reasons..

Either 1 Video card and EZ connector plugged in..

or

2 Video cards and EZ Connector not plugged in..

its there to remind you to config the EZ Plug correctly..

andefeldt
05-03-05, 12:56 AM
Ok, from what I've read here and there now, I can unplug it due to the fact that I'm only running with a single GPU.

Does this mean (this is a really really stupid question, sorry) that my system is using less power or would the usage still be the same?

A.

andefeldt
05-09-05, 03:35 AM
Anyone?

Does my system now use less power than before. I've disconnected the EZ_PLUG and my system runs fine now. Also I've disabled the serial port and the game port in my BIOS, since I haven't connected them.

Do I have more power to spare from my PSU now?

A.

jAkUp
05-09-05, 10:22 AM
Yes, If your running only a single card, then you don't need to use the ez plug. I also disable any ports I am not using. Serial, IDE 0, SATA 2-4, Parallel, Firewire.