PDA

View Full Version : zalman vs. competition...

Kamel
05-03-05, 05:58 PM
this is really kinda starting to piss me off a lot. it seems like every single GPU cooler you find is "silent". i have a tornado on my processor, so i really don't think that my GPU cooler is going to run at noises in excess of what's already there. my question is, is there seriously an advantage from a cooling aspect only to get zalman products? if i could get something to cool 2C better at 10x the noise, i will do that mind you.

Dr.Nick
05-03-05, 09:08 PM
Believe it or not but most people do not enjoy sitting and sleeping next to a hairdryer:) Zalman and similar products cool better than stock and are much-much quieter. What is wrong with making a much more efficient product that is also near silent? Finding the right balance between cooling and noise is what its all about imho and Zalman seems to be leading the pack;)

zoomy942
05-03-05, 09:37 PM
i enjoy the zalman, mainly for the silence.. but also for the cooling. i agree that a small temp decrease wouldnt be worth it, but the zalman on my gpu chopped 15 celius off the temp :)

Roliath
05-03-05, 09:41 PM
I agree with ^
I run the zalman at 12v and after i can barely hear it. The loudest fan in my case are my intake and exhaust. I couldn't believe the temps people were getting with the Zalman, until I experienced first hand.

zoomy942
05-03-05, 09:46 PM
I agree with ^
I run the zalman at 12v and after i can barely hear it. The loudest fan in my case are my intake and exhaust. I couldn't believe the temps people were getting with the Zalman, until I experienced first hand.

agreed. i have mine at 5V and it's cool and ultra quiet.. i turn my pc on and i cant hear a thing! :)..

$n][pErMan
05-03-05, 10:16 PM
I love my "Zalman LED 7000Cu" fan I have on my CPU. They looks really cool too if you ask me :D Cant even hear it either and cools great! With my current OC in my sig... im idle at 39c and load at 47c. If you ask me... thats a damn good fan! ;)

jAkUp
05-03-05, 11:56 PM
Being quiet is very important to people. I used to load my systems up with tornados and stuff...lol years ago. You grow out of it before going deaf :D

zoomy942
05-03-05, 11:58 PM
Being quiet is very important to people. I used to load my systems up with tornados and stuff...lol years ago. You grow out of it before going deaf :D

haha.. sounds like me.. then i realized that silence is golden.. and a silent pc is just really damn refreshing :)

Kamel
05-08-05, 11:17 PM
lol, you guys would make great politicians, you avoided my question totally.

like i said, i don't care about the noise. i live about 25ft from a major highway that is totally relentless... have most of my life.

i really don't think the sitting next to the blowdrier thing in me will phase out. i get NO difference between full speed and half speed, and i still keep it at full speed. i actually enjoy it, lol.

you can disagree all you want, but honestly, it doesn't bother me. i may decide one day to go totally silent if i can, but that day is most definitely not today.

zoomy942
05-08-05, 11:22 PM
lol, you guys would make great politicians, you avoided my question totally.

like i said, i don't care about the noise. i live about 25ft from a major highway that is totally relentless... have most of my life.

i really don't think the sitting next to the blowdrier thing in me will phase out. i get NO difference between full speed and half speed, and i still keep it at full speed. i actually enjoy it, lol.

you can disagree all you want, but honestly, it doesn't bother me. i may decide one day to go totally silent if i can, but that day is most definitely not today.

true, but the silence thing is all about your envornment. in your situation, i probably wouldnt care either :), heck, at my work place in a Network Control Center, its super loud and i wouldnt care less. so, in different situations, the noise level defiantely depends on where you are at

TeaEtchSee
05-09-05, 11:04 AM
i love my 7700cu...I upgraded from a 7000CU type A.