PDA

View Full Version : Crappy response from valve...little help?

Rakeesh
05-04-05, 02:08 AM
I submitted this support question to valves official support system about a month ago:

How do I filter out servers from the server list that only have bots online in CS:Source games?

I was hoping maybe they would add some kind of filter for this, but that was quite a lot of wishful thinking on my part. Just got this response:

Response (Mercedes) 05/03/2005 02:15 PM
Dear User:

If you start up cs:s and look at the browser list there is a column they can see which servers are bots or not. Select the users playing colum and sort. This should make it easier for you to choose which servers have bots vs players.

Anybody have any idea what this Mercedes person is talking about? I don't see any column which indicates that the server is running bots, nor any indication that the number of players shown is actually players and not bots.

Edge
05-04-05, 02:58 AM
Holy crap! There IS a column for bots! I would've never known if I didn't see this post!

OK, basically for whatever reason, the column is disabled by default. But if you right-click on the top line where it says servers, game, players, etc., it brings up a menu that lets you select which columns are availible. Turn on the bots column, and voila, you can see which servers have bots on them and sort them accordingly.

Damn I wished I knew this earlier...why the hell did they make the option so obscure? And for that matter, when you're in CS:S, why does it even show the "game" column by default when all the games you search for from CS:S will be CS:S games?

killahsin
05-04-05, 04:10 AM
lol, that is a good question edge. It's somthing that still baffles me although, ive seen in the past when filtering tfc servers i would get this wierd version of tf also.

Rakeesh
05-04-05, 12:06 PM
They don't give you a manual and even their support team expects you to know all of their little UI quirks? Sheesh...valve is one big soup sandwich.